People keep sending me messages saying "what happened?"

by slimboyfat 30 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I am sorry I haven't replied and if it seems rude. But people keep asking me what happened and I am not sure what to say. Thanks for writing anyway. I am not sure what sort of answer people are looking for. And it depends who is reading it. Sometimes saying a lot is saying even less than if you say a little. But it's hard to decide those times.

And one of the hardest lessons I have learned in the past two years is that when you say something you can't unsay it. Or when you tell someone something you can't make them unknow it. I am not just talking about elders and stuff if you think that's the main thing. This applies to everything do you know what I mean?

I wish I hadn't been unkind to some posters on here over the last few days. I got a few messages from people before that telling me how well mannered I am which strangely upset me. I guess I proved them wrong. And another confirming I am very obnoxious. Sorry about that. I hope that explains a few things.

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland
    Your posts are my favorite on this forum.
  • smiddy
    smiddy

Slimboyfat ,

I wouldn`t concern myself too much about it.You can`t please everybody , some will love for what you post others may find it objectionable .Some even misinterpret what your post tried to convey , which can also work in your favour LOL

I don`t think there are many of us here who, at one time or another , haven`t said to ourselves , GEEEEZ I wish I hadn`t posted that ! .

I learn from others , hopefully others learn from me , regardless if it`s a negative thing or a positive thing ,we learn something .

And hopefully that benefits us as a person.

smiddy

• Listener
    Listener

Slimboyfat, you've replied now by your above post and I would think that the people who wrote to you that you didn't pm back will appreciate it. People in general are curious and others are probably checking with you to see if everything is okay, out of concern.

I gather that you just want your space and that's fine, it is nice to have you back here.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    I'm glad you're back, I enjoy your posts. People should respect your personal boundaries if you don't want to talk about it.
  • talesin
    talesin

That's a bit intrusive, isn't it? I got the impression that your personal business was just that.

I've felt the same way. Gotten heated, and felt that perhaps said things that were undignified. Guess what? We're all human, and we all have our dark side. Sometimes it pops out unexpectedly.

No respect lost here, and glad to see you back. You always have an interesting viewpoint, and honest.

• cofty
    cofty

You're not obnoxious SBF - bloody frustrating sometimes :)

Have a great weekend.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Thanks, I'm going to Livingston this afternoon. How could I fail to have a good weekend?

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Hey kid don't worry about it, just because you don't fit in with the JW net " orthodoxy" " the firm" give you a work over....or they tried but I think you won the day. How arrogant of them to " ask how you are" . BS.
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Why can't people be like you and cofty , have your disagreements but still be civil and have a laugh? Bit depressing really. I loved this place at first but I see so many sanctimonious types. Gawd

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit