People keep sending me messages saying "what happened?"

by slimboyfat 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

SBF "put it out there that [he was] going back to the JWs because [he] believed it was the truth."

Speculation by Oubliette: Damage control. Theocratic warfare in reverse.

I didn't believe it then and I don't believe it now. NFW.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Which was my position as well ob.
  • cognac
    cognac
    Don't sweat it Slim', too many thin skinned, waiting to be offended cry babies with nothing constructive to post.

Please note, Slim, I was never offended. I'm also very glad that you figured things out.

Also, you don't owe any of us an explanation.

I was bothered by it because of personal things I was going through and wanted to know what happened.

I've never asked you because I figured if you wanted to talk about it you would, in your own time. However; I can also understand why people are asking you what happened.

But, since you brought it up in a thread, I'm giving you my thoughts.

• done4good
    done4good

Slim-

Your posts are some of the best on here, and bring a healthy dosage of skepticism, of which any open-minded person would appreciate, even when they disagree.

Many of us were very concerned for you when you left 2.5 years ago. That said, it is important that people respect boundaries, and not expect an explanation from you, or anyone else for their decisions.

I also agree 100% that saying too much is often saying less than would be if someone actually says less. Many ideas and concepts are difficult to articulate, and not easily understood by an audience that does not have access to the context of the person trying to convey the idea. The more intuitive of your audience will "get it", without much actually said.

d4g

• naazira
    naazira

I must admit when I read your goodbye post a few years back I was floored. Mainly because it was out of the blue. You do not owe an explanation but I had wished that you stuck around and said what convinced you they had the truth or at least replied to a few comments before completely cutting us off. I often wondered if that post caused any others to return to the organization.

Anyways, I thought about you from time to time. Glad you're back!!!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Well I am glad you are back, no matter the reason. We all say things we wish we hadn't from time to time, so don't worry about it. One of the reasons for this board is help and support, so sometimes part of that is being willing to overlook the occasional mistake, or at least that the way I think it should be, we are all only human after all.

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland

I do hope one day that you feel comfortable sharing why you left. At least the CliffsNotes version. I am curious because you're obviously much more well read that I. Also, you're not a dogmatic black and white thinker. So obviously if you feel it's the truth naturally I'd like to know why. What am I missing? Am I just too stupid to see the obvious?

I still feel it's possible that Jehovah's Witnesses have the truth. For me it's not a matter of whether or not it's the truth but the character of the person called Jehovah. Does he deserve to be worshipped? If Jehovah's Witnesses have the correct interpretation should I worship a God that couldn't think of a better solution than destroying billions of people and causing all this suffering? I don't like Jehovah.

I don't know if this helps, but imagine Leolaia doing what you did? Wouldn't you be the least bit curious?

• steve2
    steve2

You're a decent and articulate man who values his privacy - and that's good enough for me.

It can feel incredibly invasive when people want to know what's gone on, even though they most likely do not intend coming across that way.

I like your ability to express an angle on a topic that shows you're not a pushover and you have a basic sense of what is fair.

Oh, and it's nice to have you contributing on the forum again.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    I'm glad you're back. I always assumed the goodbye post was for a different audience to the regular members here.
  • LV101
    LV101
    It's great you're back and nothing else matters!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit