Are the anointed really "lovely people"?

by purrpurr 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

I did summer pioneering once near Glasgow...local cong asked us young pioneers to visit an older infirm women who was of the anointed.

We chatted, had tea and cakes and then she asked if it was ok if we studied the Watchtower with her.

Sure we said...thinking we would help her understand a tricky WT about Armageddon...

She breezed through the WT and every scripture we had to look up she just simply quoted...she knew them all.

I was in utter awe...this old women, in a wheelchair, physical body failing but my goodness her mind was sharp...that experience convinced me about "the anointed"...

Sadly I met another one who was so horribly cruel that he got disfellowshipped for slander...

I look back now and realize the elderly woman only had the WT to cling to and therefore soaked it up...

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Yes, the "anointed" are really "loony people"! Have you ever met an "anointed" person that wasn't just a little bit loony? NO!

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• zeb
    zeb
    I suffered a conv talk by one. He looked down at his notes the whole time and rambled on and on and I was waiting and waiting for him to get to the point of his talk which was no different to every other wt talk there after.
  • jwfacts
    jwfacts

I've known a number. Definitely nothing to set them apart from the crowd. They have really ranged the whole personality spectrum. Some have been quite mentally imbalanced, but in typical Watchtower doublespeak they would dismiss the nutty as pretenders, and the nice ones as genuine, hence perpetuating the myth that they are "lovely people." They have not spoken to me much about heaven, but when doing so it was no different than when the average JW speaks about their fantasies of paradise earth.

If you want to see the answer to your question, look no further than the Governing Body, which contains quite a range. In general, "lovely people" would not be something that springs to mind to describe most of them.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

The majority of them are usually one sandwich short of a picnic.

Although I was kid, the one anointed in our Cong used to get talked about for being a bumbling, Barney Fife type of guy.

BTW he and his wife saw the real light and walked away from da troof more than 20 years ago.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Look at the the leaders (GB) of the Watchtower Corporation they too say they are the anointed .

Shows a semblance of delusional positioning of power and wanting adulation..

Can lying corrupt commercialized false prophets be the also the anointed ?

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

It's been over 30 years since I associated with the JWs, so I don't know what the present day JW "anointed are like. But as a teenager in the late 1950s and early 1960s I often worked in FS with three of the "anointed," two men and one woman. They were all over 75 and had been active JWs since their twenties. They were very humble and didn't think of themselves as anything special. In fact they would correct you if you said that they were "anointed." They would just say that they had heavenly hopes.

Sadly they all passed away in the 1970s, never knowing that they were really serving a book publishing company.

• Freeandclear
    Freeandclear
    I only ever knew one personally and he was very odd. I mean, like creepy odd, like don't let your young kids around him odd. I'm not saying he ever acted on anything like that but I did see him a couple of years ago out at a restaurant in a dirty t-shirt and having dinner with a very young man.....didn't know what that was all about but it sure looked like a date. Then I ran into him a few months back at a local hot dog place and he talked to me for a bit, I asked him if he was still going to meetings, he said "Oh yeeesssssss......." He was one of those types who would partake one year then not the next, etc.... I guess all "annointed" are flip floppy. lol
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

Back in the 60's and 70's they were all old people that smelled of lavendar and stale biscuits. The women were all nutty eccentric biddies and the blokes were annoying pompus , smug geezers. I knew one who was a right snotty greasy haired pig. Probably a sexual pervert.

Later on, who knows. the newer ones ....can't recall any.

• fulano
    fulano

We had one in our congregation when I was young. Not a congregation serving or something, nothing didn't even read on the platform. All the time Joling about flying low over later when he was a spirit.

Then we had a DO. Very materialistic. Later disfellowshipped for being gay. Now reinstated. Still my favorite question. Were there 143.999 during his df time. Was he reemplaced? So is there one to many now?

Then we lived as a sp couple with another sp couple, she was a partaker in her fifties. Bragging all the time that the branch would ask her opinion about matters. A big Joke.

Then in missionary-service we had two, one is still alive I think ...the other was brother Ferrari, if such thing as heaven existed he should be there, all love and understanding.

Than the Brooklyn brothers, we all read the stories about them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit