Last Week's Watchtower had something that made people start questioning things?

by silentbuddha 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

The problem I always had with the WT explanation of what they THINK a scripture means is that the gullible people in the hall act as IF the creator actually said that.

I never accepted anything the religion said as if actually coming from God. I always felt it was their opinion.

But what it sounds like now is that the account of Job is being used to get Witnesses to shut up and stop bellyaching. My argument against them using Job is that it was a "special" case. Not only that, his troubles had a limited time. There was a beginning and an end. Does anybody see an end to mankind's troubles? They look to be ongoing to me.

I think many are defecting from the JW religion. Some are rightfully angry about their hardships and arrogant attitude of a religion that offers nothing and exists on handouts.

I am so glad I walked away from all this and can't imagine people still sitting there lapping this up.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    jp1692
    But there was something along those lines in the February 2017 WT:
    • "The Governing Body is neither inspired nor infallible. Therefore, it can err in doctrinal matters or in organizational direction." - Watchtower, February 2017, page 26, paragraph 12
    But that was "studied" back in the week of April 24-30, 2017.

I cannot even fathom how they can be "Jehovah's spirit-directed organization" and also able to "err ...in organizational direction." I could see how they could tweak the teachings but I couldn't see how they could claim to take a wrong direction as an organization. Something like taking all the congregations' money to do a great building project and then saying they won't build.

I can only imagine they have been found out to have really blundered on some financial matters and are about to have to reveal it, so they limp back upon not being "inspired." Something about "Where's all the money you already took from congregations and selling off Brooklyn?" when they tell the rank and file they are broke and ask for more. I can't even imagine them asking for more, but can imagine them closing stuff down to spend less.

Maybe it was something in this week's study that set off elders because it contrasted what they were told confidentially.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I cannot even fathom how they can be "Jehovah's spirit-directed organization" and also able to "err ...in organizational direction."

Talking from both sides of their mouths is what this organization does and it does so to keep itself looking viable, honest and truthful .......... it isn't not even from a Biblical/Scriptural perspective.

• waton
    waton

this week's watchtower too leaves many unanswered between the lines questions. Of course creation demands that you obey natural laws, or face a reduced life span, but on issues of choice?:

Obey sovereignty: stealing one fruit merits the death of billions and billions? succeeding in a building project merits worldwide mayhem through language communication disruption? slanting the level playing field in the Almighty's favour? Free will, free choice, but if you make your choice I will kill you?

• smiddy
    smiddy

Good points waton ,it makes you wonder where GOD is with man`s acheivements and otherwise this century such as :

Men walking on the moon on six seperate ocassions .

Building Nuclear bombs and using them on two Cities killing hundreds of thousands of humans.

Not to mention the developement of other weapons of mass destruction

Sending sattelites into deep space ,compare that to humans building the tower of Babel ?

After 100 years of JC rule at least a third if not more than 1/3rd of humans have never heard of or been wtnessed to by a JW in their lifetime.

And their is no indication they ever will be witnessed to .

And free will ? LOL

• smiddy
    smiddy

I remember an Elder believing it was a great thing that Jehovah was going to give Job twice as many children in the resurrection .And how happy he would be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit