Last Week's Watchtower had something that made people start questioning things?

by silentbuddha 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

I just got a call from a friend who said that something in last weeks Watchtower caused a number of people in various congregations to start questioning things, and several long time elders left. I am totally out of the loop but I do read things here and I heard of no such thing.

Something to the effect that JW's and governing boobies are not inspired or something along those lines?

• blondie
  • silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

I was told from a friend it had something to do with saying the organization is not directed by God. Thanks for the link I will go look

• jp1692
    jp1692

I just took a quick look and couldn't find anything in the study article for last week that touched on that. Maybe I missed it.

But there was something along those lines in the February 2017 WT:

• "The Governing Body is neither inspired nor infallible. Therefore, it can err in doctrinal matters or in organizational direction." - Watchtower, February 2017, page 26, paragraph 12

But that was "studied" back in the week of April 24-30, 2017.

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

jp1692 I just saw that like 10 minutes ago, they must have had their wires crossed on the dates. Pretty scary that they would actually say that in a Watchtower and people arent leaving in droves...

• Chook
    Chook

But they are still directed by God.Its a David copperfield trick.

• waton
    waton

not that this alone would make one want to leave wt , but:

par. 2 used the words " eclipse the greater issue", ha ha, for us attending meetings in the pass of totality, next day's, August 21, 2017, event was marked. appropriately. Calendar - conscious astronomer among the writers?

par. 8 Emphazising sovereignty ad nauseum, is not belittling our salvation, so they say, but they certainly can not guarantee it, what salvation anyway?

par.9) wt shows no regard for the death of innocent victims, the servants, the children, never mind Job himself.

par 10. how dare Job demand a reason for his suffering?

par 11 the clincher: "-- the main point of Jehovah's word was not to explain to Job why he was suffering--" by extension wt is under no obligation, in their opinion, being g.o.d. , to explain anything to their suffering and longsuffering members.

The rest: do more to support (why the creator would need support, propping up?) by work, even putting in 80 hours during less than a month before your death.

to sum up: using the mixed up tale of Job to justify wt's nebulous message of non-salvation, justifying collateral damage, justifying stone walling on burning questions, demanding all for the org, down to death. good job on Job.

The eclipse came on time. there are true (scientific) prophets in the wt's last days.

• waton
    waton

main message: Wt, g.o.d. , does not have to account for what havoc they create.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Something to the effect that JW's and governing boobies are not inspired or something along those lines?

Might be because they (GB) are inspired to keep the Watchtower Publishing Corporation ongoing, hence the long strenuous propagation of promoting a tainted and corrupt commercialized Gospel.

What does the bible say about false prophets ?

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Not sure about other countries but when you mention false prophets here in the US, JW's will be the answer not Baptist, Catholic,Mormon,Islam or any of the other religious organization in this country..Who do they think the Gospel is speaking of...Imagine if the Catholic church stated the world will end 2020 and 2021 roll around, so the tell their members we are not inspired but 2025 it will definitely come...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit