Will You Take A Covid Vac!

by minimus 32 Replies latest jw friends

• vienne
    vienne

Will I take it? No.

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

I'll take it if I have to.

But I'm gonna put it off as long as possible.

Not because I don't believe in science or any of that ad hominem strawman BS.

But because I'm extremely needle-phobic and just don't wanna deal with the anxiety attacks if I don't have to.

I'm not Covid-phobic, though. So there's that.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

what have i got to lose ?..my life if i get covid ( over 70 over weight COPD CHD borderline diabetic )

its a no brainer.

ive come across a lot of UK peeps online who say--no way. so if they refuse..and get ill with covid--should they still get free treatment ?

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno
    ive come across a lot of UK peeps online who say--no way. so if they refuse..and get ill with covid--should they still get free treatment ?

If you believe in non-discrimination principles, liberty, and equal rights under law....yes they should (if your nation offers free healthcare to citizens).

• St George of England
    St George of England

My sleeve is rolled up in readiness.

Like Stan, I am over 70 (well over in my case), overweight with multiple health problems. Anything that puts off the day when I get my angel wings a bit longer is fine by me.

George

• sloppyjoe2
    sloppyjoe2

I am an essential worker and will be available to me next week. I was at first a "no" until two things changed. First, I got Covid-19 earlier this month. This virus is nothing like I have ever had. I lost my smell and taste along with the usual flu symptoms. Then there is a chance I could get it again down the road. The second thing is I watched a video that a Doctor did that specifically talks about how the vaccine was made in record time. As he explained it, it is not a vaccine that they just created out of thin air in 9 months. The mRNA vaccine had already been used in trial studies before. Moderna, one of the companies that has been granted emergency use for their vaccine was already using mRNA vaccine science when this pandemic broke out. So all they did was take their science that they already were using and switched to Covid-19 for their vaccine. There has never been as much money and scientists as well as governments funding research for a vaccine like they have for this. They are not injecting the virus into your body, but tricking your body into believing that you have Covid-19 and build up the antibodies for it. Essentially if you think of the vaccine as a car, the car was already built, all they did is change the tires of the car to make the COVID vaccine. It doesn't alter DNA, it doesn't give you the virus and frankly there is no other way out of this pandemic at this point. People that are against the vaccine, which is of course their choice, do not have a better alternative. We will end up living and dying with this for years. I know two people in their 40s in the ICU right now and a 58 year old who died from it last week with no health problems. I will get the vaccine as to try and be a part of a solution.

• NewLight
    NewLight

Nice mentality sloppyjoe2! Being part of the solution is sooo mature!

I agree that there is nothing serious to be concerned about the vaccine. Since you just had Covid, probably you already have antibodies. However, as experts suggest, vaccination will give you better and more lasting immunity.

As for me, I am going to do it. Not only for myself, but also because I take care of my elderly parent.

• bsmart
    bsmart

My husband is elderly and is dealing with lung cancer. He doesn't need me bringing any germs into the house. I am in my early 70s and am overweight and have high blood pressure. We will be taking the shot as soon as the doctors say OK.

• minimus
    minimus

My girlfriend just got her Covid results back yesterday. In order to visit her family they required her to get a Covid test snd it’s negative. So she will have a merry Christmas with her family.

• minimus
    minimus

Perhaps the biggest accomplishment for President Trump is that in record time these vaccines have been made available.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit