Will You Take A Covid Vac!

by minimus 32 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Yes. No or maybe??? Right now I would like to see how good the vaccine really is. I’ve never taken a flu shot and so far, no flu.

• Simon
    Simon

I wouldn't be classed at essential enough or at-risk enough to get it early, and besides - I'd rather wait and see what issues may arise before I would want to volunteer for it anyway.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

I deal with older customers everyday. I take the flue vaccine each year for them and my parents. I will take the covid vaccine when it is available to me. I have just recovered from Covid19 so I have some immunity till then.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Not only "NO", but "HELL NO!"

• Harry
    Harry

I've heard that once 70 % of the population are vaccinated that would be enough to lower restrictions in most social gatherings.

I'm in a age demographic that would make for my self being vaccinated months away, I will take it either way.

Normalcy is on the horizon.

• Simon
    Simon
    I've heard that once 70 % of the population are vaccinated that would be enough to lower restrictions in most social gatherings.

There is an Israeli study that suggests you get something like 50% of the benefit from vaccinating quite a small proportion of the population, as long as they are the most at-risk (something like 5% of over 75's).

Given that there IS a risk with vaccinations, I think giving multiple shots of a rushed-to-market vaccine to masses of people who really don't need it could represent an unnecessary risk that possibly hasn't been considered enough with politicians desire to "be the saviour".

It is going to be trading lives, again, and as has been done all the way through this 'pandemic' the trade isn't being done in a fair or sensible way. Statistics of Covid deaths should be compared to suicides and other pandemic-response-caused deaths for instance, and judged based on "potential life years".

The life of a 3 year old is different to that of an 83 year old. It sounds heartless, but there is a lot more "potential life years" the younger someone is and that needs to be accounted for.

Reality: There is always triage happening somewhere with healthcare. Accept it and account for it in the plans.

• Biahi
    Biahi

I will take it, I’m an essential worker, in the second tier.

• just fine
    just fine
    Yes - I should be able to get it in January.
  • GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

I will take it. I have asthma and am concerned about respiratory infections. Any chest cold causes my asthma to act up.

I got my flu shot already. I have had the flu several times in my life and every time I get sick, the asthma gets me again. One of the worse times was when I was pregnant. I had a fever over 104° and was shaking so bad my husband had to sit on me. I ended up in the hospital. I still wonder if I didn't fry some of his little brain cells.

Once I started teaching, I got the flu shot every year. Kids are nasty little germ factories.

• minimus
    minimus

Great Teacher I wonder if some people are simply more immune from sickness than others. I know some people that are always at the doctors and I know a very healthy 91 year old JW woman who has never been to a doctor!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit