On Petition For A Writ Of Certiorari To The Court Of Appeal Of The State Of California, Fourth Appellate District, Division Two

by lastmanstanding 27 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Incognito
    Incognito
    ARROGANT is a very appropriate word to describe the wt organization.

When a group (GB) claim to be chosen and appointed by God as his earthly representative, then the attitude of that group's members will be, EVERYONE on earth, not only JWs, is accountable to them, including earthly courts of law.

While God may allow testing by fire, they fully expect they will be ultimately victorious in the highest court to display to the nations, God approves and supports them and their organization.

Of course, if when they lose, will never indicate they do not have God's support and blessing.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    lastmanstanding - “... they hope to scoot under the fairy godmother of California...”

I’ve said this before, but ...

...there’s something fundamentally bizarre about the Org asking agents of “Satan’s World” for protection from agents of “Satan’s World”.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Incognito...

Damn, it’s like they’re almost trying to provoke a response of some kind.

• Incognito
    Incognito

@ Vidiot

It is often claimed, there is no such thing as bad press. Any situation is always spun by WT to be positive for the organization.

When things are going well, that shows Jehovah's approval.

When things are a disaster or they lose in court, that is spun as 'the persecution we are receiving from Satan, just proves we are God's true religion. Jehovah will not tolerate this situation for much longer.' The fact that other religions experience similar trials and tribulations, is ignored.

If this was truly God's organization, since he is the God of love, I would expect his organization would set the lead for others to follow in appropriately dealing with CSA matters. Instead, WT is becoming the religion others point to as the pitiful example of what not to do.

The final episode of Leah Remini's Scientology series was broadcast last week. The topic was Scientology policies which prevent reporting of sexual abuse. JWs were again briefly mentioned by the Psychologist that participated in that episode.

• zeb
    zeb

I would like to see Leah Remini do a full program on the wt.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Same here zeb

• Incognito
    Incognito

Zeb & Smiddy,

Leah did a two hour special on JWs at the beginning of Series 3 which first aired on November 13, 2018.

Leah Remini - JW Episode discussion

You can likely view the full episode on A&E.com or You_Tube or maybe Lloyd E's channel as he was involved.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Incognito...

Yes, well, I think even the WT has figured out by now that some Bad Press isn’t desirable.

This smacks more of desperation.

Or maybe delusion... i.e. a profound inability to realize that they might actually lose.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit