Trouble in paradise!

by Confusedalot 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Confusedalot
    Confusedalot

Just for fun, some thoughts about the paradise teaching:

1. Will all the carnivores be transformed anatomically? If a lion is transformed into a herbivore would it still be a lion? Or will carnivores just not be there because of their sins?
    2. Will they have immune systems? If there is no illness will they need immune systems. And how much would the world need to change so that anything that can cause them harm will not be there?
    3. Will they have children? If they have eternal life will there be any need for children. Would they even have marriage? Would they procreate? No sex in paradise or is God just gonna make them infertile?
    4. Will there be no pain or limited pain? If there is no pain will that mean that slapping someone hard wont be a sin because they cant feel it?
    5. Will they remember friends and family that "did not make it" and other bad life experiences? If we cant remember these things will it actually be "Me" that was resurrected?
    6. An eternity in paradise means an eternity of constant fear of doing something wrong and loosing everything in the second death? Talk about a constant axe over the neck!
    7. Will those in paradise live like God intended and be naked? Imagine you are in paradise, its late afternoon, you and your family are watching the sunset and talking about how great it is to be in paradise. All of a sudden your neighbor Bob(naked) passes in front of you and drops his apple. He bends over to pick it up but it keeps rolling away and he just cant seem to get it (all this in plain view). Now you see the moon also!

The more I think about it the less I like it to be honest!

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Insight Book - Lion

when trying to prey upon domestic animals in an enclosure, a lion often will roar. The terrifying sound is calculated to cause a stampede to break down the protective fence and to isolate individual animals from the flock. The animal does well in its pacing. (Pr 30:29, 30) Its strength is proverbial. (Jg 14:18; Pr 30:30) A single blow from the lion’s powerful paw is enough to break the neck of a small antelope. Thelion can kill and carry animals larger than itself, and its short, strong jaws are equipped with teeth of sufficient strength to break large bones.

The picture of a lion in paradise holding a beach ball seems to not quite fit.

• smiddy
    smiddy

your neighbor Bob(naked) passes in front of you and drops his apple. He bends over to pick it up but it keeps rolling away and he just cant seem to get it (all this in plain view). Now you see the moon also!

I`m not sure about bob however if Roberta drops her apple and bends over that will be paradise regained if I can get close enough.

• Confusedalot
    Confusedalot

In hindsight (no pun intended) the example of Bob may not have been a wise choice..apologies

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Will there be no pain or limited pain?

If there isn't we will all be walking around with no legs and arms after a while. Imagine sitting too close to the fire: you don't know you are because you can't feel pain....so you start to burn..but you don't know you are because you can't feel pain etc etc... you get the picture.

My main question would be: If there is no suffering or pain in paradise, would we loose our sense of empathy and what would happen to us if we did, what would paradise relationships be like?

https://youtu.be/l7AWnfFRc7g

• Confusedalot
    Confusedalot

@Diogenesister

My main question would be: If there is no suffering or pain in paradise, would we loose our sense of empathy and what would happen to us if we did, what would paradise relationships be like?

Maybe they would be like the relationships currently within the wtorg: lacking empathy.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

They forget little problems like this.

Also, as regards to clothes, fashions change all the time. Even in a utopia there's bound to be changes in clothing due to preference or to combat boredom of wearing the same thing. But then if the "kings and princes" ruling from heaven are dictating to us what to wear (no tight pants, skirts to a certain length etc) we're actually gonna be living in North Korea. Can men grow their hair in paradise? Or will there be a list of 5 acceptable haircuts like in North Korea?

No cool haircut. No cool clothes. No hot girls in spandex. No emo girls. No goths. No Rammstein. No more Quentin Tarentino films. No eating meat.

Shoot me now! Oh wait, you cant, im immortal. Noooooooooooooooo!!!

• Confusedalot
    Confusedalot

pale, you made me laugh. Now that you mention it.....Did Adam have a big bushy beard or was he created clean shaven? (like JW's require, at least when I was there.)

"And so through one man, did sin and beards enter into this world"

• waton
    waton

Cal: beards, like pubic hair keeps useful organs from getting sunburned. they became standard issue after the radiation protective water canopy over the circle flat earth was removed.

"And so through one man, did sin and beards enter into this world"

so, if for true paradise the Earth will be flat and have a water cover, so be it. No need for Burkas too.

• punkofnice

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit