My wife stole my books!!!!

by dmouse 44 Replies latest jw friends

• dmouse
    dmouse

I had an interesting conversation with a JW last week, who insisted that she was not 'brainwashed' and would be prepared to look at any evidence I had that the 'TRUTH' was not the one true truth.

So I went to my book cupboard to get my copies of 'Crisis of Conscience' and 'Signs of the Last Days - When?' in order to lend them to her.

AND THEY ARE GONE!!!! I am absolutely certain they were there only a few weeks ago.

I can only assume that my JW wife (whom I'm not on the best of terms with) has taken them. I asked her if she had seen them and she denied all knowledge.

I am convinced that she has taken and disposed of them. And she is also lying about it.

I don't want to elaborate here, but she has been telling a lot of lies lately...especially about me, it seems to be becoming easier and easier for her.

• tink
    tink

that sucks!! are you planning to confront her about it?

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I am convinced that she has taken and disposed of them. And she is also lying about it.

I don't want to elaborate here, but she has been telling a lot of lies lately...especially about me, it seems to be becoming easier and easier for her.

Dmouse, sorry to hear about all the shit you've been going through lately with her. Obviously she has lost a lot of respect for you and your posessions. My parents do this shit to each other all the time.

It's sad how everything's a one way street with JWs. They can have their Watchtowers laying around all over the place, but Apostate literature has no place in the house.

.....throw out her Indexes.

• dmouse
    dmouse
    are you planning to confront her about it?

Not worth it, the last time I stood up to her by supporting my 14 year old daughter's right not to be dragged kicking and screaming to the meetings I was made to sleep on an airbed in the dining room...that was two months ago and I'm still there.

I'll be gone soon anyway, can't stand her emotional abuse and irrational behaviour anymore.

• morty
    morty

What do you think the reason is behind this that she would take them? and is she a good standing dub still?....What ever the reason, it is not a nice feeling to have anything taken from you..

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Maybe it was deeemonz or smurfs!!!

• dmouse
    dmouse

...or maybe angels caused them to burn, leaving all books around untouched. I can feel a JW urban legend coming on!

• Will Power
    Will Power

If you think that is odd, wait til you see what they do when you bring out

"Babylon the Great Has Fallen" or "Kingdom of 1000 Years" or "Things It Is Impossible for God To Lie!!!"

Try and get one to comment on one of these relatively recent masterpieces!

wp

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    the last time I stood up to her by supporting my 14 year old daughter's right not to be dragged kicking and screaming to the meetings I was made to sleep on an airbed in the dining room...that was two months ago and I'm still there.

My question is, who's right is it to tell you where to sleep? She's far from following her precious "bible principles" to kick you out of the bedroom.

Dmouse, the both of you entered this marriage, and that's both your bed. You have the right to decide if you want to sleep in it. If you choose not to, that's fine. If you didn't choose to sleep on the air mattress, I need to ask you why you're taking this abuse from her? They're just words coming out of her mouth. Did she take a gun to your head? If she didn't, you get your ass back into that bedroom and sleep on the bed. If she doesn't like sleeping with you, she can sleep on the air mattress. If you don't like sleeping with her, move the bed into the dining room and put the air mattress in the bedroom. It's her turn to sleep on the air mattress. That's what marriage is about - making sacrifices, and you've done it for 2 months. Her turn.

Standing up for your daughter is one thing, and your daughter needs to do some of the work herself, but you're the only one who's going to be able to stand up for you. If you can't stand listening to her, earplugs are cheap. Stand up to the bitch, and stand up for yourself. You might actually get your way.

No, I'm not done yet. Onto your books. You paid money for those things. You invested money in something for yourself, not for the marriage. Those were your personal belongings. Confront her about it. If she denies it, take colladeral for the books, but let her know about it. It's mean, but it works.

This marriage isn't about love anymore, it's about survival. Until you can get out of this shit, learn to survive it. You'll become much stronger.

• Mutz
    Mutz

She's probably been told that they are demonised and has thrown them out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit