New York Times: ‘People Would Be So Receptive Right Now, and We Can’t Knock on Doors.’

by AndersonsInfo 23 Replies latest jw friends

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

A Bethel speaker just said that this pandemic is the soft start of the GT!"

FedUpJW ...

I heard something similar, taking to some family friends from NY City.

I just commented that before the GT starts, the UN has to take worldwide power, all false religion will be destroyed, the nations will see that only JW's are left, then Gog (the Magog guy) will focus their attack on JW's. Then at that point, the GT will start.

I was on the phone and it got rather quiet. The only comment he made was, "we'll have to wait and see."

Rub a Dub

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

"and this good news of the kingdom will be preached"-----------------except when it won't!

just saying!

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

I can just "see" tight pants Tony buying up more expensive Scotch for his consumption in his luxury bunker. His own great tribulation will occur when he sobers up.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    RubaDub - "...I just commented that before the GT starts, the UN has to take worldwide power, all false religion will be destroyed, the nations will see that only JWs are left, then Gog (the Magog guy) will focus their attack on JWs. Then at that point, the GT will start..."

Yup, this.

According to ol' Freddy Franz's End-Times script, there's a whole ton of mundane, "real-world" ducks that have to row up first before the real shit happens.

And since the WT Oracle kicked the bucket without leaving any kind of protege, and Jaracz used 9-11 to purge out almost all the moderates and liberals, there's no one with enough creativity or narrative skill to give the Org's eschatology the page-one rewrite it so sorely needs...

...so they're stuck with the Old Cold War-influenced timeline in the Revelation Climax book, no matter how dated it gets with each year we move past the turn of the century (which is probably why it's not actually a Book Study thing anymore).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit