New York Times: ‘People Would Be So Receptive Right Now, and We Can’t Knock on Doors.’

by AndersonsInfo 23 Replies latest jw friends

• LV101
    LV101

Most gullible wackos on planet earth - good news finally with no "visible" JWs at door. Almost convincing there is a god.

• All or nothing
    All or nothing

I would like to assure everyone that all my PIMI friends and family are glad to have the burden of the door to door ministry taken off them. The longer this goes on, the harder it will be to get them back to pounding the pavement.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The longer this goes on, the harder it will be to get them back to pounding the pavement.

Most JW's no longer do that. They stand idle at "literature carts" or drive around endlessly from NH to NH, just as they did last week or the day before and spend 50% of their "Field Circus" hours at Starbucks or McDonald's.

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

The first thing to note is this article is NOT behind the pay wall. Anyone can read it. That means the NYT got their revs up front. In other words, this article was paid for by the WT.

This is a paid-for propaganda piece that the WT designed and paid for as a propaganda tool to further manipulate the dubs.

It plants seeds.

““ People would be so receptive right now,” she said

Why so?

Do you think, she would ask people as she car-pooled with other members to canvass the county, that the virus is a sign of the end of the world?
    she would recite a couple verses from the book of Luke:
    “There will be great earthquakes, and in one place after another food shortages and pestilences; and there will be fearful sights and from heaven great signs.”

Planting seeds. Trying to round up the last of the gullible.

and seriously, sister brainiac reads mother jones? The WT is going to advocate that, and preppers?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

"People would be so receptive right now"

Oh, I doubt that, around here anyway. It is true they hate the virus &are scared of catching it but to relate it to Bible prophecy is never considered. Anyway, nobody wants to talk . They just avoid conversation. That much has been dinned into us by the government.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

"People would be so receptive right now" = Translation: People are scared and vulnerable right now so maybe we take advantage of them at their lowest. They are feeling bad so we can sell them our hope and rope the poor bastards in.

JWs are the ambulance chasers of religion.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

So are people flocking to jw.org for lifesaving info? Um no

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Count me as a skeptic

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Hi Barb! Yes, we saw that Sunday. Nice story. I felt sorry for the Sister, like so many lonely JWs I have known over the years. Waiting, waiting , waiting...

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

How much money do these 2 have and where did they get it

I`ll bet they have a lot of money stashed away somewhere and seeing that none of them work in the real world they must siphon off some of the contribution money ,maybe a tithe ,they could justify that ,how else can they afford designer tailor made suits ,pinky rings and expensive watches that they wear ?

And no doubt deck their wives out the same way.

2Thes.3:10-12 ......".they should eat food they themselves earn."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit