Do I have to believe in Jesus to be saved?

by unsure 119 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• baker
    baker

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/krithika-varagur/mother-teresa-was-no-saint_b_9470988.html

Do some research on Mother Teresa, who more likely used torture to sooth her patients, since she did not believe in pain medication.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Unsure, a few hours ago you said,

"That's the problem, without these fairy tales, I believe life is meaningless."

Who said life should have meaning? It is up to you, to give your life meaning. Trying to live someone else's dreams is madness.

Of course we all go through this questioning when we have been hoodwinked by religion but we have a right to determine our own path; have a family, build a house, help mankind, end the attitudes which lead to war, create a better world free of oppressive belief systems or whatever you choose to do. . . but life only has meaning to us if we are the makers of our own life.

• unsure
    unsure

@Finkelstein

That video is definitely food for thought. I'm inclined to agree with his points. However I wonder if matters of divine sovereignty cannot be understood by human minds? I "what if" every side of the argument until I exhaust myself.

• unsure
    unsure

@jp1692

I meant to refer to the WTBTS as I felt about them back when we believed. Their "new light" version of God is more passable than some other versions.

• jp1692
    jp1692

@Unsure, is that really what you want to base your life on, some "new light" version of God [that] is more passable than some other versions?

• unsure
    unsure

@jp1692

I'm not basing my life on that. I think you are reading into that post what isn't there.

I can only reference my own experiences and being a JW was one of them.

All I'm saying is that my view of a loving God is one who accepts those who may not even believe in them.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

However I wonder if matters of divine sovereignty cannot be understood by human minds?

But divine sovereignty has come out of human mind(s) so therefore it should comprehended and evaluated upon that basis.

• unsure
    unsure

@Finkelstein

What if Divine Sovereignty came from the Divine? I cannot disprove it (or prove it).

I can't help but "what if?"

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

So then your in acceptance of there being a divine creator wholly upon or by simple virtue of men's words or scribed words by the ancient Hebrews as the case may be ?

Psss.... just a little hint .... the ancient Hebrew god YHWH didn't exist, never did, just like all the other gods imagined or envisioned by the ancients .

Noted that the stirred up belief in this god still creates power and wealth for few disingenuous and unscrupulous men to this day, some running and operating their very own publishing house.

• SouthCentral
    SouthCentral

Sometimes I wonder if Christianity and the concept of Jesus was invented to merely control people. From what I understand, there were several Jesus-like figures viewed as the savior throughout history (Mithra,Tammuz and Krishna). Honestly, I'm not really sure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit