Disunited States of America?

by jwleaks 19 Replies latest jw friends

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

Recognizing that their states have one integrated regional economy, Delaware Governor John Carney, New York Governor Andrew M. Cuomo, New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy, Connecticut Governor Ned Lamont, Pennsylvania Governor Tom Wolf, and Rhode Island Governor Gina Raimondo today announced the creation of a multi-state council to restore the economy and get people back to work. This announcement builds on the states’ ongoing regional approach to combatting the COVID-19 pandemic.

The coordinating group – comprised of one health expert, one economic development expert and the respective Chief of Staff from each state — will work together to develop a fully integrated regional framework to gradually lift the states’ stay at home orders while minimizing the risk of increased spread of the virus.

https://news.delaware.gov/2020/04/13/governor-carney-and-five-governors-announce-multi-state-council-to-get-people-back-to-work-and-restore-the-economy/

Meanwhile on the West Coast:

https://www.governor.wa.gov/news-media/washington-oregon-and-california-announce-western-states-pact

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

Wishing them all the best and a speedy economic recovery given the circumstances.

• sir82
    sir82

It is legal to do so.

In the absence of a coherent & rational federal response, it seems to be the best solution.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

PA resident here. Wolf had better enjoy his last term in office, cause his ass is being voted OUT! Small business owners in this state are totally PISSED, and won't forget how he's screwed them over. I'm not a small business owner, but everyone I've talked to (Dem or Repub) wants this clown GONE! We are also sick to death of having NY, NJ, and MD imposing their will upon us with their Liberal bullshit policies.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Yea the walls around tRump are starting to crumble! His administration is in constant flux and the only reasonable, intelligent folks that he appointed have quit or been fired! Good to see those with a measure of authority finally 'growing a pair' and standing up to the bully! Hes proved that he's totally incapable of handling a crisis!

just saying!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Whatever happened to the constitution? Yes, we have a pandemic that can in fact kill people. It usually kills the sickest, and among healthy people some 90% won't even know they have it. But, it's the shortages, fights, and panic that is going to kill more people--including healthy people. Having an economic depression is going to kill more people than even the most pessimistic coronavirus estimate.

Not to mention, the coming communism pandemic is even worse than the depression. That will ensure that 100% of the population will either die or be confined to live in misery. And they will eventually be replaced by reptilians. In this light, the coronavirus is downright wimpy--and got even what it was because of censorship, political correctness, and communism.

To that end, let's have our constitution be the ruling document. No bibles, talmuds, qurans, torahs, or other documents that are geared to communism. No political correctness (where in the Constitution is that supposed to be there?). None of this hiding behind "hate speech". Is it "hate speech" to want our species and races to live on instead of having us all enslaved and eventually replaced by a parasite species?

And no more catering to specific foreign nations. The governors of each state need to abide by the Constitution of the country that the state belongs to, not to some alien agenda. And why is Israel so favored? Does everyone have a policy to help Germany? New Zealand? Japan? The Congo? I don't think so. Cutting Israel out of our budget, except for Israel itself, and helping your own country would help with finances. And the UN simply has to go--all they do is impose globalism on the whole world. Instead, let each nation adhere to its own constitution--and communism simply has to go, whether it be in China, New York City, or the whole world.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Strange that these governors are now being praised when just a couple weeks ago when Trump talked about reopening the country by Easter, even though the President hadn't reached a final decision on exactly when the government's guidelines would be relaxed to get the economy back up and running, he was condamned for his optimism.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Google Igor Panarin.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

(Here is what I put into another thread but I think it is applicable here):

I'm generally not a Trump fan but I do agree with him that things that affect the entire country should be handled in a centralized manner. Trump is stating that he will dictate when the States can open up again. Many governors, Dems and Reps, are fighting that saying that they have the power, not the President.

Of course, the Constitution puts a great deal of power in the hands of each State. But I agree with him on how these Governors want to dictate how each of their fiefdoms work. So to get anything done, you currently have to appease 50 different Governors. China would never accept that. If they want to get something done on a national level, it is dictated from the top.

The same applies to other national issues such as elections. Having 50 separate "national" elections just doesn't make sense when a President is being chosen to represent the entire country. Have one national election and that is it.

Many times I do not agree with Trump but I agree with him in that States have too much power in the national scenario and constitutionally should be limited. Let the States dictate local issues, not national ones. Trump said, "I'm the President" and that he has to right to overrule the Governors (which technically he cannot do constitutionally but should).

Rub a Dub

• jp1692
    jp1692
    Rub a Dub: Trump is stating that he will dictate when the States can open up again.

That’s the point. We have a thing called the US Constitution which made one point exceptionally clear: We do not want a king ruling over us, or any other title you want to give a dictator. The whole point of having three separate, but coequal branches of government serving as a system of checks and balances was to prevent any one person or group from becoming too powerful.

Although in practice, it doesn’t work out as smoothly as it could or should, Trump’s recent comments about having “absolute authority” are not only wrong, but they are deeply disturbing and offensive to anyone that respects what the framers of the Constitution intended, particularly in light of the historical context in which they drafted it.

China would never accept that. If they want to get something done on a national level, it is dictated from the top.

Again, you’re proving my point. I certainly wouldn’t want to live in China or in any country with that type of oppressive, authoritarian regime.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit