Any ideas about what the ‘special’ talk is on Memorial Day?

by Bubbles001 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

Here it is:

' The end is near, the world is doomed, cough up the dough mac.'

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

You know you are over your cult thinking when you hear the phrase "memorial day" and automatically think of the last week in may.

• blondie
    blondie

Tenacious, I remember the book study conductor had us pretend that the US had banned jws and we had to use the tactics that people used in countries under ban. It was exciting to some but ridiculous to me.

• Steel
    Steel

Maybe Tony is going to get drunk and tell us what really thinks about us.

• Spiral
    Spiral

Tenacious, I remember that tract. How embarrassing. I remember a lot of people thought it was the "message of judgment" aimed at the world's religions (aka "Babylon the Great" in JW speech). Nothing came of it, of course.

They pull this "special meeting" message stunt occasionally. Just enough to get people excited, but not enough to draw attention/questioning from the rank and file. You have to be at least a bit "out" before you question these events.

• Biahi
    Biahi

I remember special talks as a kid...after they were over I’d always wonder what was so special about it...it was always the same old, same old.

• APieceOfShitNamedTate
    APieceOfShitNamedTate

was it about 15 years ago?

I think it's been about 12 years ago. I remember being afraid that a girl I liked would die at Armageddon, so I asked Jehovah to help her get baptized before it was too late. She wasn't even an associate mind you, just a regular girl. I was so stupid.

• newsheep
    newsheep
    Tenacious I thought it was around 2010 or so. I also hated those mags where you would see the woman on the ground getting beaten by a man. Horrible!!!!
  • john.prestor
    john.prestor

I like Steel's idea, the special talk is just Tony Morris mumbling about tight pants and needing more young men at Bethel... to clean and run the printing presses.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I have no idea, but a total guess is that it has something to do with money or with counting the anointed partakers.

I would bet it's something to highly discourage partakers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit