Any ideas about what the ‘special’ talk is on Memorial Day?

by Bubbles001 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bubbles001
    Bubbles001

The family are very excited because there’s a special interruption happening this Friday which has supposedly only happened once before when Rutherford announced Jesus’ ruling in heaven. Requires tuning into jw.org. Meant to be this coming Friday before the memorial. Was wondering if anyone had any ideas about what its all about.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Special talks by the WTS. usually and typically relates to " Well Brothers and Sisters the end is very soon now "

Fear is a marketable commodity with the WTS it can be used to control people's thoughts and behavior. It truly can make believers out of people, from there they can be exploited and manipulated.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

I remember a special campaign to distribute a tract some years ago about False Religion coming to an end. Not sure if anyone remembers this tract. It had a dark threatening sky with a bolt of lightning across the front of it. Anyhow, I remember this "lifer" sister getting all excited telling me and my family how this must really be "it" because they had never done a campaign like this as long as she could remember. This poor clueless brainwashed lady was in her 70s back then.

She was excited and and all giggly with joy that the end was here finally.

Fast forward and here we are 15+ years later and well ..... I'm still here and she's .... still clueless and going strong peddling that propaganda to whomever will listen.

• newsheep
    newsheep

Tenacious I remember that tract and was so embarrassed having to give it to three of our bible studies. It had babylon the great in it and once we had to explain to them what that meant, all three of the studies dropped us like a hot potato.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

@ newsheep, was it about 15 years ago?

Man, I still remember this old sister believing she'd be in paradise by now.

I still see her around town from time to time and it just saddens me to see her use her last years peddling this crap for the NY vermin.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

there’s a special interruption happening this Friday

oh--probably just another appeal for more money.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

All it is is a memorial-themed morning worship video on JW Broadcasting.

• floridaborn
    floridaborn

I think it is already up. I’ve heard some chatter about it

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

WT's "special" is NOT so "special."

• Bubbles001
    Bubbles001

I thought as much, same scare-mongering tactics as usual. I just hate seeing my family being so deeply affected by it. They do badly want it to mean something.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit