THE LINGERING SHADOW OF '75

by Terry 66 Replies latest jw experiences

• sparky1
    sparky1

"Hell, even the 'Ancient Aliens' guy would want in on that action."

YOU RANG?

• Terry
    Terry
    Wouldn't you love a sweet gig like this "Alien expert" has?
    Maybe I could become a Unicorn expert or a Werewolf expert.
  • Terry
    Terry

I can't get this phrase out of my head; it keeps haunting me as a giant banner for mental illness.

Faith is more than just an expectation. It is (an) expectation that is assured to such a degree that it is able to support, uphold and guarantee that what is hoped for will become a reality.

Does this in any way sound like that New Age book, THE SECRET?

"The author claims that as we think and feel, a corresponding frequency is sent out into the universe which attracts back to us events and circumstances on that same frequency."
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Part of the corruption of the WTS and its leaders is how they were able to deceive people relentlessly. 1975 was one these examples for JWS at the time did not know, including myself of the WTS using this 6000 year dating calculation twice before.

Once in the early 1940's and previously in the early 1900's, how could we since the WTS instructed to remove those books off the shelves at the Kingdom Halls.

Those books were locked away in the WTS Head Quarters where the WTS leaders such as F Franz/ N Knorr thought they could use it again, without much anybody knowing about its past usage.

tricky little bastards .

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

In an earlier post on this thread I mentioned.

"When my parents studied and baptised the elder who studied with them said (according to my brother) that it was impossible for him to die of old age. This was due to faith, faith in the good news I believe."

I think that these two quotes from the Watchtower may show why he felt it was impossible for him to die of old age.

Watchtower July 15th 1961 page 423

‘And since faith is also “the assured expectation of things hoped for,” it follows that we must also have knowledge of what are the things we may and should hope for. Again, God’s Word provides us with the needed knowledge. It assures us that paradisiac conditions will be restored to this earth, and that on a world-wide scale, and that this restoration work can be expected to begin within the present generation.’

Watchtower September 1st 1969 page 532.

'Jehovah has made many promises of things yet to occur, One may hope that such things will come to pass, but such expression may only be a whimsical wish, not real faith. Faith is more than just an expectation. It is expectation that is assured to such a degree that it is able to support , uphold and guarantee that what is hoped for will become a reality. This is the meaning of hypostasis, a word common in ancient papyrus business documents in reference to guarantees placed on the transactions.
    ...Substantially the words [hy.po’sta.sis and e’leg.khos] mean that faith gives to things future, which as yet are only hoped for, all the reality of actual present existence,; and irresistibly convinces us of the reality of things unseen and brings us into their presence.” The Expositor’s Greek Testament, Vol.IV page 352.

That's why when 1975 came and went I still believed the end was close and stayed a JW and wasn't 'heartbroken, shaken, upset and finally depressed.' However I do feel it had some effect for years after

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I guess the ending point to all of this is never trust religious charlatans promoting their own publications , for they can be and notably are devious to their own inward self serving intentions.

Well what do you expect when these same men after their proclamations fail state well we are just imperfect men after all.

There have been many religoius charlatans selling books and other pieces of literature pertaining to the prophetic end times written in the bible. Retrospectively the WTS is not alone or unique from this perspective.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Terry - "Wouldn't you love a sweet gig like this 'Alien expert' has?"

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxFinally, someone gets it...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx...(ladies).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit