Was it Designed?

by Jeffro 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

slimboyfat:

To me evolution and design are in harmony, because reality seems to be constructed in such a way that certain kinds of forms reliably result from natural processes. In particular consciousness seems to be a determined outcome. If that is the case, then isn’t it right to talk about the design of the various forms that evolution produces?

No. Argument from ignorance, argument from incredulity, naturalistic fallacy, equivocation fallacy.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

ThomasCovenant:

What do you mean, 6000 years? The Flood, according to the Watchtower, happened 4,394 years ago in 2370BC.

I was being generous by including their entire period (as a round figure) for speciation and potential for genetic diversity rather than the imaginary genetic bottleneck event.

Incidentally, biblical chronology would actually place the fictitious event in 2512 BCE.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    But they seem completely unaware that this directly contradicts their notion that only very broad 'kinds' were required on the mythical 'ark'.

Ahh this brings back memories. Way, way back when I was beginning to realize it wasn't true, I was talking with an elder that knew I was having "issues" with evolution, and Noah' ark had come up.

He gave me that "broad kinds on the ark" line. I just asked, "Was Noah and his family white, black, or asian?" By the end of the day he conceded that micro-evolution was definitely true. But not macro, no.... that's just impossible.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    It's an interesting series. I can't wait for the next episode: Necrotizing fasciitis -- was it designed?

Lol.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    MeanMrMustard - “…Was Noah and his family white, black, or asian?…”

Yes.

😏

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

But they seem completely unaware that this directly contradicts their notion that only very broad 'kinds' were required on the mythical 'ark'. Does anyone ever point this out to them?

---

Unnecessary, for WT writers do accurately represent God's Word, the Holy Bible and evidence from the natural world as shown in the splendid video about that 'creeping animal of the ground', the Diabolical Ironclad Beetle. Refer Gen. 1: 24, 25, 26.

Regarding the animals admitted by Noah into the Ark, the account simply states that 'creeping animals of the ground' were sought, brought into the Ark and survived- Gen. 6:20; 7:14; 8:17, 19. These representatives of the Biota were described as kinds as a proper zoological classification whereupon in time speciation of these kinds utilizing the DNA mechanism and other environmental factors led to the wondrous appearance of the diabolical ironclad beetle - a creeping thing of the ground. an insect which in fact gives the said scholar 'the creeps' as does your nonsensical ravings.

scholar JW

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Ask how something so obvious could have been overlooked by the writers. Or better,ask how the writers assumed no one among their readers would notice the obvious.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

‘scholar’:

kinds as a proper zoological classification

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

the DNA mechanism and other environmental factors led to the wondrous appearance of the diabolical ironclad beetle

So… not designed, but just an adapted beetle due to selection pressures (there’s a word for that). The cognitive dissonance is indeed strong.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

To accept evolution is to accept that the WTS is really wrong about something really big.

Once you go down that rabbit hole, there’s no coming back.

Trust me, I know.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

TonusOH:

I can't wait for the next episode: Necrotizing fasciitis -- was it designed?

Silly you. ‘Nice things’ = ‘design’. ‘Nasty things’ = ‘imperfection’. Because reasons. Slam dunk, atheists. 🤣

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit