Was it Designed?

by Jeffro 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

The JW website is currently featuring a piece: The Shell of the Diabolical Ironclad Beetle​—Was It Designed? It is part of their regular tedious 'Was It Designed?' series that purports that very very specific animal species must have been specifically designed because of some seemingly amazing feature.

But they seem completely unaware that this directly contradicts their notion that only very broad 'kinds' were required on the mythical 'ark'. Does anyone ever point this out to them?

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

It's an interesting series. I can't wait for the next episode: Necrotizing fasciitis -- was it designed?

• markweatherill
    markweatherill

I wonder if they'd be content with the idea that God caused a very intensive 'selective breeding' program from the 'kinds' on the Ark, in order to arrive at the multitude of species we see today?

Just don't call it 'evolution'! And it could happen within 6000 years, I mean that's a long time, right?

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Speciation at the required rate over just 6000 years would be way too fast to call evolution. More like magic.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

This is what you get when it's dreamed up by a bunch of under-educated morons who got their college degree equivalent from reading the Awake! magazine.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Horrifying sea life… was it designed?”

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

What do you mean, 6000 years? The Flood, according to the Watchtower, happened 4,394 years ago in 2370BC.

So, according to them, God created all living things during the original 6 days of creation, then had to bloody well re-create lots of them less than 4,500 years ago.

(Remember, all animals were vegetarians 4,395 years ago)

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

A flower growing in the dark forest - Sign of God creating beautiful things

A leech sucking the blood of an animal and killing it with disease - Animal has changed through the environment after years of imperfectness

Er...so why can't that be the reason for the flower in the forest? One reason for one and one for another where equally the same reason can be applied to both scenario's.

The flower could have evolved as well as the leech...or God did create the flowers ability to grow in a dark forest and the blood sucking leech.

But no take all the good bits about nature = god and bad bits are = species adapted after imperfection.

I hate discussing these things with dubs as the Cognitive Dissonance is just impossible for them to get over.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    notsurewheretogo - “…the Cognitive Dissonance is just impossible for them to get over…”

”It burns! It burns! Maaaake iiiiit stoooooooop!!!”

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

To me evolution and design are in harmony, because reality seems to be constructed in such a way that certain kinds of forms reliably result from natural processes. In particular consciousness seems to be a determined outcome. If that is the case, then isn’t it right to talk about the design of the various forms that evolution produces?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit