You Reap what you SOW??!!

by Netty 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Netty
    Netty

I am so bummed right now. My sister, who is df'd, has so many medical conditions, she suffers alot. She has recently been dignosed with Fibromyalgia, and is in such extreme pain, she had to have cortisone injections into various trigger points into her neck and spine. Very pain ful ordeal. SO, she was sharing with my brother, who is NO LONGER a witness either, mind you, and heres what he told her:

"I want no part of your pity party, I think you know why these things are happening to you, YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW, both you and Netty, and I think you both know what you need to do." waaaa

I

• nilfun
    nilfun

Wow, your sis is in pain and the only response your brother could come up with was to hit her below the belt.

I think the problem may be that, like the Grinch who stole Christmas, right now your brother's heart is two sizes too small. Fortunately, the condition is reversable. I hope that your brother will learn to grow a bigger heart very soon

Netty, I'm so sorry your sister had to hear such an unfeeling comment. I think that you two are probably going to have to do more leaning on each other, and less leaning on your brother.

Hang in there.

• gumby
    gumby
    I want no part of your pity party, I think you know why these things are happening to you, YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW

So then......his fanny is grass too I take it? What's good for the goose....................

You might tell him there is a bunch of happy and healthy apostate bastards that Jehovah seems to love right here on this apostate forum! Your poor brother does not see himself in his own words.

Gumby

• fearnotruth22
    fearnotruth22

"weep with those who weep"

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

So sorry to hear that Netty - and nice to meet you

It will apply to him too

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

My heart goes out to you "Netty!" Look after your sister as much as you can! I don't really know what to say here, but I just wanted to express my feelings regarding your dilemma! Wish YOU and your family the best! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, DON?T LET THE DF-status of a family-member dictate how you will treat them, especially close family, like your sister! Hang in there!

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug
    YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW, both you and Netty, and I think you both know what you need to do." waaaa

Sure wish we could crawl into your brothers head and find out what he really means by that statement. Does he think the cause of her pain will go away if she goes back to the Kingdom Hall ?? Maybe he just doesn't care enough about his sis to want to be bothered by her suffering, if so, then he belongs back in the KH with others who also have no feelings or compassion.

• blondie
    blondie

Evidently, that "brother" no longer is in touch with what is going on at the KHs across the US. Fibromyalgia is common among the "faithful" JWs. Is he suggesting they are reaping what they have sown?

Eccl. 9:11

I returned to see under the sun that the swift do not have the race, nor the mighty ones the battle, nor do the wise also have the food, nor do the understanding ones also have the riches, nor do even those having knowledge have the favor; because time and unforeseen occurrence befall them all.

Blondie

• abbagail
    abbagail

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr. What happened to the "JW reasoning" that we ALL inherited sickness and death from A&E? or the scripture at Isaiah 33:24 which says not UNTIL the people are 'dwelling in the land' would they no longer say, "I am sick" -?

That's a major guilt trip he's trying to put on you guys, and one I'm not unfamiliar with. I had FM during my JW years and it got worse and worse until I quit "trying so damn hard" to run non-stop on the wheel in the 'hamster cage.' Granted, water-fasting (which most of the JWs boo-hissed) and eating a raw food diet got me back on my feet. Too bad I didn't stay with that "perfectionist culinary lifestyle" but a few years, as they were the most healthy years of my entire life. It does work if you've got the discipline to do it and keep up with it.

In any event, I wouldn't let him come around anymore. With FM and pain, nobody needs more BS heaped upon them.
    Best Wishes.
    Grits

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

What a jerky thing to say.

We should smite him.

CZAR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit