You Reap what you SOW??!!

by Netty 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Lutece
    Lutece

Someday, he'll regret what he said very deeply. That attitude does melt away when you're eyes are opened to the truth about the TRUTH. I"m sorry to hear about your sister's health problems. Pain and health problems are something a lot of people have to deal with, regardless of their religious beliefs. For crying out loud, does he actually think she'd not have this problem if she were at the hall every week? They are so judgemental, it's unbelievable!

hugs, Anne

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

You reap what you sow? Those words are going bite his butt. As Lutece said, "Someday he'll regret what he said very deeply." Yes, providing he reflects on why certain tragedy's befall him. Surprisingly, some people just don't give a damn.

Nilfun said, "... right now your brother's heart is two sizes too small." You gave him to much credit by saying 'heart.' Anyone that speaks to another under those circumstances, doesn't have a heart!

I have seen this type of sceario played so often you'd think people would learn from it, but NO! This is shocking speech. Even a non-christian would not utter words of this nature under such circumstances.

Keep your chin up, we here understand and support your position.

Guest 77

• Netty
    Netty

Also, she shared with him that I was reading "ex jw" info on the internet. He told her to stay away from me and not listen to anything I have to say about it. How dare him tell her to stay away from information that could release her from her bondage (and in turn most likely health problems too) as it is releasing me.

What flabergasts me about him saying this is the fact that he is NOT a witness, hasn't been for many many years, was df'd twice married a non believer, celebrates all holidays... Its a very sad thing that those who are still actively involved in being witnesses can say and do such awful things to their family members who chose not to be. But, someome who is not a witness, and has also suffered injustices in his life at the hands of the witness rules. I guess he still has the brainwashing and mind control, way way deeply driven into him.

I want to say something to him, wondered what you all might think about that? Guess I just feel so protective of her with all the humiliation and mistreatment she has suffered at the hands of my family, because she is df'd.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Netty, all I can is, have pity on him!

Guest 77

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Netty, I realize how much statements such as this hurt, especially when they come from those in our own family. He is feeling a bit self-righteous and is not showing you or your sister any love or compassion. He is lost in dogma.

Be happy that you are free. Freedom is worth it, no matter what the cost. You and your sister have each other.

• AlanF
    AlanF

Netty said:

: I want to say something to him

I would ask him point blank just exactly how he thinks she's reaping what she sowed. What's the exact connection between whatever your sister is supposed to have "sown" and her physical ailments? Does he think that God is punishing her? Is there some sort of natural consequence? Or what?

If he's called on to explain just what he's saying, it may make him think enough to abandon his silly idea. If he can't or won't explain, then I'd say he's not worth worrying about.

AlanF

• Aztec
    Aztec
    I want no part of your pity party, I think you know why these things are happening to you, YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW

Wow! That is very cold! How is suffering from a medical condition in any way reaping what you sow? That makes no logical sense. I'm so sorry Netty and sister. Keep your heads up!

~Aztec

• Mulan
    Mulan

My cousin, Sharon was diagnosed with breast cancer, shortly after she was df'd (unjustly by the way). She was such an innocent and had only given a book to her mother to read. That's all.

Anyway, there were people who commented that she was reaping what she had sowed. I couldn't believe my ears. They never said it to me, or they would never have forgotten that conversation. Sharon only lived 2 years with her cancer. I suppose they think she deserved to die too.

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

So unfair. So cruel. And certainly baffling if he is referring to your df status. I'm thinking it may be best to put him out of your mind--and encourage your sister to do the same--and focus on helping her do what she can to feel better. But I know that's easy for me to say. Hugs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit