This thread is not about Covid-19

by Ultimate Axiom 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Problem now is we're stuck with the crappiest (see what I did there LOL) flimsiest paper ever!

3rdgen ...

Yea, some of the stuff we bought seemed more like a slippery newspaper. I got flashbacks to the first time I went to England many years ago and they had this stuff called Medicated toilet paper. It didn't absorb anything. It was like using a sheet of wax paper.

Rub a Dub

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Does make you wonder what's been going on behind the scenes while everyone is focussed on one thing.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

RUBADUB:

I was in England in the ‘70s and remember that crummy toilet paper in the public toilets.

As you said it was almost like waxed paper instead of being absorbent like tissue should be! I believe it was printed with ‘Town of Westminster’ if I recall..So funny. I thought it was absurd anybody made toilet paper that was so useless and the only reason I could think of was to discourage the public from stealing rolls of it.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Well after four years of non-stop Trump bashing I was ready for something else. Of course, they're now blaming this on Trump. Maybe if the Democrats hadn't been hell bent on impeaching him he (and they) might have had some time to see the oncomng train.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Am I the only one who gets it joey jojo with a +1 ?

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom
    Firstly, thanks to whoever corrected the typo in the title of this thread, much appreciated. There is still nothing on the news that isn’t virus related, and I still haven’t had any more nuisance calls. Maybe nothing else is going on in the world; crime is down over 20% in the UK, so even the poor criminals must be feeling the pinch. But I would still like to hear something other than the constant repetition of statistics and interviews with experts.

Simon said,

no one cares about Syria

I’m sure he doesn’t really mean that, but in any case, he’s wrong, I care. I think Putin and Assad should be brought before the International Criminal Court and tried for war crimes. Won’t happen of course, the ICC can only get the smaller fish.

Simon also said

climate-change models have been shown up for the fraud they are

I’m left wondering just who has been defrauded by climate modellers. But what puzzles me is why climate change deniers think the climate is such a stable thing. Surely they are aware that the earth came out of an ice age about 12,000 years ago and has warmed up a lot since then? Even Martin Durkin in his film, “The Great Global Warming Swindle” acknowledged that the climate is changing, he just denied it had anything to do with human activity. He claims that the climate goes through regular cycles of change caused by solar variances (flares, sun spots etc). With glaciers retreating, the ice sheets of Antarctica and Greenland shrinking, the polar cap thinner and global temperatures on average a degree higher than they were a century ago, I’m inclined to agree with Durkin, changes are happening.

If covid-19 has taught us one thing, it’s that the world is quite unprepared for a global emergency of this nature. If the virus takes hold in undeveloped and densely populated areas, especially those with huge refugee problems like Bangladesh, the problem of North Italy, Spain, New York etc will pale in comparison. Who knows what type of “global emergency” will result from climate change, but even if there isn’t one, it would be stupid not to prepare for it.

But as Einstein said, “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe”.

• Simon
    Simon
    I’m left wondering just who has been defrauded by climate modellers.

People who pay carbon taxes that do nothing to help the environment or change the climate.

People who pay for more expensive and ecologically damaging energy,

But what puzzles me is why climate change deniers think the climate is such a stable thing.

The science deniers are the global climate alarmists who won't look at the true history of climate and the impact of CO2.

The climate has always changed, it was changing and getting warmer way before we could have done anything to make it happen. The people denying the evidence are the alarmists, not the "climate change deniers" which is a label deliberately designed to mislead.

Why don't you call them "global warming deniers" instead? Oh, that's right, because the claims about that fell apart didn't they ...

No one believes the models, people now know they are bullshit. That is one of the valuable things to come out of the COVID pandemic (along with recognition that globalization is a mistake).

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

This thread was initially intended to give a little encouragement that even after 50 years, a born in can wake up. Unfortunately our meet for the end of March was obviously cancelled and I haven’t heard from my niece since then, so nothing more to report on that, and I don’t want to push her for any info.

However I did get my first nuisance call since February today, and would you believe, I then (just like the buses) got another (well my wife actually got them because I was getting the weekly shop). So it looks like the scammers are out of lock down and back at work.

As for paying more for ecologically damaging energy, I approve. And I’m quite happy to call those who insist the climate isn’t warming “global warming deniers”, and as I said before, even Martin Durkin isn’t one of those – or should I say he wasn’t one, for he now argues that warming has reached its hiatus. That’s a shame, I was looking forward to the south of England becoming another French Riviera.
  • Simon
    Simon
    As for paying more for ecologically damaging energy, I approve.

The so-called "renewable energy" is more ecologically damaging. You should try to keep up with the news more.

It's all a scam to take your money. By all means, hand yours over. But don't insist everyone else pay the scammers.

Here's some "Inconvenient Truth" for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bkar4jn3JWw

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    I thought it was absurd anybody made toilet paper that was so useless and the only reason I could think of was to discourage the public from stealing rolls of it.

it was made washable--for repeated use.. but it went out of favour with local authorities because it kept blocking the sewers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit