This thread is not about Covid-19

by Ultimate Axiom 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

Every single news item, on every single news channel, and the majority of threads on this site, for the past three weeks seem to be either directly or indirectly related to Covid-19. Is nothing else happening in the world? Has Putin stopped slaughtering Syrian civilians? Is Brexit still happening? Has Aung San Suu Kyi had her peace prize taken away? Have all politicians stopped shagging their secretaries?
    Well here’s a bit of news that’s got nothing to do with Corona viruses. After over half a century, my born-in niece has become PIMO. It was the pedophile cover ups that started it, and now after several months of secret emails and text messages, I’ve helped open her eyes to the true nature of the WT organisation, and why they are so terrified of the internet.
    Obviously she has to tread very carefully now. She has a husband, a son (about to get married), a sibling, nieces and nephews – all in the troof, and she doesn’t want to lose any of them, especially her son. Her mother (my sister) would be horrified, but she died several years ago having spent 50 years believing Armageddon was imminent. One of the last things I heard her say was that her only sadness was that she wasn’t going to live long enough to see the signs in the sun and the moon. So sad, but at least her daughter can now live the rest of her life in freedom.

I pressed the button just as I saw the typo in the subject header, sorry about that.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

There is an edit feature for the title as well.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I miss the good ole' days when you turned on Fox "News" and it was wall-to-wall Hillary bashing. When we learned about setting up our private email servers in closets, bleaching hard drives and other cool stuff.

Where has the time gone?

Rub a Dub

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Harvey Weinstein (and other celebrities/politicians who are up to no good), are probably glad to have the media focused on Covid19 rather than on them.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Cant even get a decent earthquake, fire, tornado. But we get the president interrupting. Refusing to answer stupid questions. local governor and mayor take an hour telling mostly anecdotes.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Cant even get a decent earthquake, fire, tornado.

road to nowhere ...

No, you can't even get a good mass shooting nowadays since they don't allow groups of people together.

Rub a Dub

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

UA, Congrats on helping your niece learn TTATT.

In other breaking news: I went to the local grocery store yesterday and was able to buy toilet paper and TA DA....CLOROX!!!!!!!!

(Maybe I should start a thread)

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

3rdgen ...

Yea, the toilet paper phase has ended here too. My wife went a little crazy too and was buying it wherever she could find it. She finally stopped buying it when she realized we could have the shits for a year and still have some left ... lol.

Clorox, still spotty here and there, but we had a couple of gallons already in the closet and really we use very little.

The only thing still hard to get here is paper towels. We have bought a dozen rolls a couple months back and we still have 6 or 7 rolls so we are good.

Rub a Dub

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Rubby, I too, bought toilet paper whenever I could find it. Problem now is we're stuck with the crappiest (see what I did there LOL) flimsiest paper ever! These are off-brand melt-in-your-hand rolls for sure!

• Simon
    Simon

Brexit already happened, no one cares about Syria, climate-change models have been shown up for the fraud they are, everyone is too busy trying to get through this to care about much else (celebrities less-and-less each passing day) and politicians are still politicians.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit