Meeting Attendance levels

by freddo 62 Replies latest jw friends

• Nicholaus Kopernicus
    Nicholaus Kopernicus

In my congregation, meeting attendance is about 20-25% below the usual. Field ministry support is also down on what it used to be. Even when the CO visits, attendance at field ministry is markedly reduced. For example, hitherto the CO would have 60+ publishers at the first ministry meeting. This year there was a mere 22!

Re the reduced meeting and ministry support, the most significant observation is that the BoE is silent on the matter. No encouraging exhortations. No exemplary publishers interviewed on platform to show us the way. No local needs items highlighting the apathy!

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

Stan livedeath

is that the Bradding Rd site?

• blondie
    blondie

Back in the day on CO Saturday these people should be there

Elders, wives, children (5 elders, 5 wives, maybe 3 children)

MS, wives, children (3 MS, 3 wives, maybe 2 children)

Regular and Auxiliary pioneers (overlap with above but 10)

31 approx. and then the rank and file.......(buttkissers reaching out maybe)

I'm surprised; the CO used to chastise the BOE if attendance was small and their own families were not attending. So when the CO turns in the stats, does he in turn get chastised by the DO, and on up?

Remember the GB does not have to wait till the GT/Armageddon to get their reward, it supposedly comes the day they die before Armageddon.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I've only been to a couple of meetings in the last 5 years. There seem to be around 55 at the meetings from a similar number of publishers. From what I hear, the congregation peaked in the 1980s when there were around 80 at meetings. Meeting attendance, in the time I was there, has fluctuated between 40 to 60 for the past 20 years or more. In the early 2000s was probably the lowest when it was nearer 40. At that time there were 3 elders and a neighbouring congregation sent elders to take some of the meetings. Now there are 11 elders, I think, 1 ministerial servant, and 10 pioneers. So it improved slightly in numbers and a lot I terms of number of elders.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    Lostandfound17 minutes ago

Stan livedeath

is that the Bradding Rd site?

yep--behind Mcdonalds--Brading road Ryde Isle of Wight. i remember it being built--even attended a wedding there once.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I have felt for some time that the org is letting individual congregations die a natural death so they can continue selling off halls.

By introducing cartwork, a website to direct people to and videos slowly, slowly replacing talks by local brothers I think they have sent the message that " kingdom workers" are not needed anymore and when people feel not needed except to be constantly berated over who they associate with and what they wear it's only natural that attendance would drop off thus creating a problem.

The answer to the "problem" is clear merge congregations and sell KHs which only adds to the problem by creating logistical issues for those attending a KH that is farther away causing more discouragement resulting in further shrinkage and drop-offs and so on and so forth it goes until ........ until.....endgame unknown at this point.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I LOVE the name of the "ailment" you were suffering: "CHRONIC APATHY"

I think that is catching amongst many witnesses! And there is no cure.......

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

locally ,ministry and going from home to home seems to be dying a natural death...motivation lacking. Rarely see any out these days...yet it used to be pushed so hard when I was in.

• steve2
    steve2

Apathy kills zeal and growth far more effectively than apostasy.

• Half banana
    Half banana

I like the idea Stuck: CHRONIC APATHY. The best species of this ailment is the one which is contagious and may it continue to spread worldwide in JW congregations. Chronic apathy is the result of the true believers having been so disappointed for so long that even they can see the Watchtower dream falling apart.

There is a feedback mechanism here, you simply leave the org and get a life of your own and this will increase the chronic apathy inside the org.

Will those still hanging on as if they are JWs please take note!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit