Special Seating at the Convention

by mann377 28 Replies latest jw friends

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I enjoyed being a peon. No special treatment for me or my family. We gutted it out in the hot sun at Dodger Stadium, Angel Stadium, San Diego stadium. We endured the cold and wind at Candlestick Park. My family never complained. If they held 6, 7, or 8 day conventions now, I don't think many would show up. OMG! We were so die-hard!

just saying!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SORRY:

I can almost relate to the experience you had with these stupid JW fools who sounded like they were almost ready to bodily toss you on your ear!..You stumbled too close to their inner sanctum...Maybe they thought you were an apostate terrorist.

When I was in the early days of my ‘fade’ I went one Sunday to a DC near me...I didn’t go inside but was outside at lunchtime on the grounds just saying hello to a few people. I had on a denim skirt and was followed around by some stupid brother. They probably have orders to follow anybody who doesn’t totally look the ‘part’ with a name badge.

Well, that was then...Now I would never set foot inside the place!

• sir82
    sir82

What colors were the noses of those seated in those special areas?

• sparky1
    sparky1

I learned early on in my Watchtower career:

"It's not who you know:It's who you nose!"

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Put a check for a couple hundred bucks every month in the contribution box and grease the palm of the CO when he visits.

You would be amazed at how "spiritual" you will become in their eyes.

Rub a Dub

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

I usually sit in one of the luxury suites. You know, the ones that have the all-you-can-eat buffets, unlimited drinks, freebies and private restrooms. Nothing but the best for me!

Of course, I'm being facetious.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

I remember a convention many years ago (early 80s) when my wife and I were 'invited' to work in one of the VIP lounges. We were young and attractive. Probably had something to do with an elder in our cong who was in charge or Press/PR. We basically just hung around during our shift and cleared tables, kept the place tidy. It was like being in another universe in comparison to the mayhem down in the convention center with the plebes.

• steve2
    steve2

This brings back lots of memories from days gone by in which you could observe a very large number of conventioners, including volunteers, other staff and young JWs, wandering around trying to look busy during the program itself.

I estimated that a good 10 to 15% - if not more - of attendees are away from their seats during the program itself at any given time.

I take it that hasn't change at all.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

When the pie is small and getting smaller you take what small slice you can get.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit