Bethel Library moving to Warwick, are older items 'vanishing'

by Lostandfound 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Londo111
    Londo111

I believe Sam Herd is a huge fan of Angels and Women. They have to keep his favorite books!

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

I bet Sam Herd has already taken Angels and Women out of the bethel library and kept it for himself. I've heard a number of stories where JW refused to believe that book was at Bethel. There are those that want it destroyed and others who want a copy for themselves. An original Angels and Women is quite expensive these days.

The nice thing about the book is there are no questions at the bottom of the pages and the work was originally done by a woman in Christendom (late 1800's). Only men get to write literature in JWdom.

• sparky1
    sparky1

I don't know if this was in the Brooklyn Bethel library but it was in the Watchtower Farms library. If they ever want to get rid of it, I'll be glad to take it off their hands.

• steve2
    steve2

Good additional points, Lostandfound. I understand the difficulties of expressing clear thoughts and hope you continue to recover well.

Another view I had is that, even with Bethel's library full of the very oldest Watchtower publications, the GB very boldly re-write the old history, omitting what they like and adding stuff too. They're nothing if not bold.

I don't think there would ever be an overt move for Bethel to destroy old copies; they just might make them harder to access (just like the apostate literature kept in a locked cupboard in Bethel).

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

In simple terms I was thinking this was a fresh start for them (Warwick)

opportunity to reassign (get rid) of heavies that had jobs not required now (or reassign those unpopular with GB regardless of service)

opportunity to trim all bethel activity worldwide as new facility would take more control, with use of modern technology

oopportunity to be rid of Brooklyn Inheritance, be that literature, memories, old teachings, and anything from the long ago past.

opportunity to upgrade living standards at Warwick with new builds

In all a fresh start, in the modern era, not shackled by history, even those with personal memories of past era are dying off conveniently

so opportunity for change, wonder what we will see in that regard.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

LostandfoundI think you have a very good point. They had no worries offloading the old folks before the move to Warwick...don't want them making the place look untidy, do we? I wonder if they'll "loose" a few old text books on the move over, particularly the more embarrassing ones. Oh I know there are other copies, but those are in the 'world' and verboten to the faithfull.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Ironic that hat they said this in Wt 12. 1/15

"The Governing Body is keenly interested in our theocratic history. In commenting on the need to preserve, document, and pass on our spiritual heritage, one member of the Governing Body said, “To know where we are going, we have to know where we have come from.” To that end, Writing Archives was recently set up at world headquarters in Brooklyn, New York, and is under the direction of the Writing Committee."

What I see today is KH Libraries decimated or fully removed , all over . The rush to be fully digital with the latest updates has overtaken all reason. To us they contain evidence of past teachings and present day denials . To the faithful even if full of crackpot information , the old books are beautiful antiques and have money value. No matter.... they go to the rubbish tip and those cong members who protest are viewed as dinosaurs

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit