2005 Big Announcement (Disappointment)

by Fred Franztone 21 Replies latest jw friends

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

i had stopped attending in 2002 so i have no idea what book that was, i believe i have not missed a thing

• Fred Franztone
    Fred Franztone

Supposedly there's a big announcement coming in 2019, the biggest ever? Is this this true? Any idea what it is? I'm thinking probably a new brochure.

• La Capra
    La Capra

The first time I saw A Christmas Story, the scene where Ralphie got his LIttle Orphan Annie Secret Decoder, only to find out that the secret message was a commercial, I was reminded of all these "special announcements" that were just crappy commercials. An early ah ha for me as a teenager in the 1980s.

• sir82
    sir82

Special at school referred to those who needed extra help with learning. And "special needs" at the conventions mean the disabled, sick, and infirm.

Maybe a WT "special announcement" falls into these categories as well.

LOL.

WTS certainly provides "special education" in that sense.

• sir82
    sir82

Supposedly there's a big announcement coming in 2019, the biggest ever? Is this this true?

Oh yes! Absolutely!

A big Big BIG BIG one!

The super-duperest biggest of the big, special-special-special all-time-great bigly bigly announcement EVER made!

Want to know what it will be?

"Dear brothers, this is to inform you that the 2020 regional conventions will be called 'conventions of the region'! And they will be held in 2020! Isn't that grand?'

Idiots.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

For nearly 65 years I've been hearing their bullsh*t that there was going to be a "big", "special", Important" announcement, or arrangement, or meeting which have always turned out to be extremely disappointing. It's all hype to keep the troops stirred up. When things start lagging in the borg, look for a "BIG" announcement to be made and prepare for a BIG disappointment.

Everything the wt does is "special"--Special talk, special week of activity, special assembly day, special pioneers, special arrangements, special magazines, special campaign. They have cried 'wolf' way too often!

just saying!

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

I remember that. They can't pull that crap anymore due to internet leaks

• Half banana
    Half banana

Put all these disappointments in the context of all of their promises; every last prediction of the Watchtower and JW organisation has led only to disappointment. Never have they come up with the goods--they never deliver--they are completely USELESS!

Why on earth do people remain in this religion?

• Alfred
  • Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

These "Special" announcements by the WT throughout the years have been so disappointing. Talk about a kill-joy.

I wonder if there will be a "Special Needs" talk now that the US Government has disclosed the existence of alien visitors? Elder from the platform says, "Folks, these alien vessels seen in the media recently are demons and you should not look at them." They probably would not hold such a meeting because it would be too interesting.

Pentagon released video of UFO chased by 2 Navy jets in 2004 off San Diego California

Good Morning America TV show discussing about released video footage

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit