I'm 90% PIMO but events in Russia made me stop and think maybe Jehovah is real and helping

by Isambard Crater 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Isambard Crater
    Isambard Crater

I'm at the stage where I'd love a big scandal to come along showing clearly that the J.W's are not the true religion, but sometimes I get touched inside by various thoughts or events, the Russian court trial being one of them.

I mean, J.W's are understandably fixated with attending the Memorial, so why didn't the court say it will resume on Monday or Tuesday, instead setting Wednesday 12 April as the date? Part of me believes the comments from pro-J.W's that Jehovah moved events so they could attend the Memorial.

It seems the J.W's will not be banned, which makes my mind and heart wrestle between thinking Jah's behind it, or maybe the ministry of justice is just woefully prepared compared to the superb Australian Royal Commission team who did their homework. It surprises me the Russians seemingly haven't done any homework.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Smack yourself, and wake up. They will be banned because thier no different under the Russian constitution then Scientology or any other cult or sect that has already been banned. If Jah is backing the JWs then why didn't he prevent the hurricane that hit the Philippines a few years ago from destroying 3 Kingdom Halls and killing 45+ JWs ?

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

Of course you would have a reaction because you're still emotionally attached to the religion. However, that doesn't mean that Jehovah is involved at all. It could just be that Russia doesn't want the bad press that would come from banning the JWs. Maybe the Judge knows they will be banned and has decided to be nice and let them celebrate one last memorial. None of this proves God's hand is in the matter one way or the other.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Logic fails me here.

1. Religion is about to be banned.
    2. Trial is set for some date.
    3. Date is after a random religious event.
    4. God did it.

Questions and remarks:

1. If God is so concerned about the JW, why does he allow them to be threatened in the first place?
    2. Maybe the JW get banned the day after the Memorial. Apparently God 'moved events' so the memorial could be held. Never mind next years memorial.
    3. If JW got banned before the Memorial, pro-JW would claim that this targeted persecution proves Satan is aiming his arrows at JW. They must definitely be God's chosen people.
    4. If trial got postponed to after summer....thank God for allowing the convention to be held....etc.

Please snap out of it. Your emotional attchment and fear blur the facts you see. JW doctrine is false in so many ways, no amount of interpreting random events as divine action can fix that.

• Isambard Crater
    Isambard Crater

I know, guys... I really do want to fully separate from the religion A.S.A.P, at least in a PIMO way, but having been raised in it and all that, I sometimes get these 'oh, wait a second; maybe...' moments. That's why I appreciate your support on the forum.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

You said,

I'm at the stage where I'd love a big scandal to come along showing clearly that the J.W's are not the true religion...

Then you said,

... the superb Australian Royal Commission team who did their homework. [Reference to Watchtower's child molestation issues]

Why isn't that scandal enough?

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Oops, duplicate post.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Sorry, Walt Disney story's enough...

And don't forget that even in Russia there is a legal system. Even in the USSR there was a kind of justice. The world is not black / white.

G.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Whenever circumstances/events go against a J.W. or the org - "it's Satan's system!"

Whenever circumstances/events favour or benefit a J.W. or the org - "it's a blessing from Jehovah!"

• Nevuela
    Nevuela

What does PIMO stand for? I googled it but found nothing that wasn't strictly business or medical in nature.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit