Damn it feels good to be free and on my own without the pressure to do more as a JW slave

by No Longer a JW Brother 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• No Longer a JW Brother
    No Longer a JW Brother
    How many people come here daily? I found a few links to this site from jwvictims.org and decided just to drop in and share my story. I hope others benefit.
  • No Longer a JW Brother
    No Longer a JW Brother
    My old man asked the same damn question and I gave him the same damn answer. Yeah pop its was great. My mother was the one who got into the details and if there is anything I can apply in my life. I was already clear it was a cult by that time. Its crazy to think it took me all those years to wake the Efff up. Know what I mean?
  • tor1500
    tor1500

Hi No Longer a Bro,

Good for you. I'm happy, but remember God & remember there are consequences to all that you do good or bad. God gave you a conscience so use it. Don't go batcrazy because you are free. Don't go to the other extreme and do all the things you didn't do while you were a JW. That's what happens when a person leaves the hall & it's almost like they have been shot out of the cannon of life. Life is a balance, have some fun nothing wrong with that. But don't go out & try drugs sex & rock/roll.

You are responsible for your own life, not an organization & I agree with you on how they try to control us, with DF'ing, but come to think if it, they do the same at churches, scaring you with HELL. Either way, man is always trying to control man. Our relationship with God is personal. Halls, churches, synagogues, etc., is supposed to be a place to fellowship to be with folks who love God. They are not supposed to be God's police, better name for them...Tattle talers...

I'm an older JW, & I've lived my life before I became a JW. I made some mistakes but I also learned from them.

Again don't go too wild, well just a little wild but not enough to mess up your life. Make friends, folks that are not JW's are good people. But also there are some bad folks out there too, just like in the hall.

Many religious folks are extremist, either they are deep into the Bible or the opposite, falling off of bar seats. Just be normal.

Don't be too rough on the strippers....but have some fun....

Side Note I know the TATT, but haven't figured out how to get out. I just don't fit. I don't like to judge. I do love God & I think the org. for showing me who God is & his love & him sending his son for us. But man's interpretation of God I could do without.

Tor

• Giordano
    Giordano

How many people come here daily?

You mean join or just read the posts? Before the web site was improved we used to have a count of how many people viewed the post and i remember upwards of 3 to 5 thousand if it was a long lived Post.

As far as joiners the average used to be 3 per day how the average is probably 4 maybe 5. Go up to the top of the page and click on User's set it on ALL and you can see for yourself.

When I joined 5 years ago new ones were not rare but they were like 1 or 2 a week.

• No Longer a JW Brother
    No Longer a JW Brother
    Wearing a chain was a big no-no in my congregation. Same with facial hair. Now I have a tight scruff and a chain and I enjoy smoking trees with my new girl. I do what I want when I want.
  • No Longer a JW Brother
    No Longer a JW Brother
    Just read the posts. There was no reason or time for me to post. Until now. Peace out.
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard
    seems familiar, I cant quite put my finger on it, where are you based NLaJWB? perhaps I can be of assistance, I'm in the UK, London
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Welcome!

Being free of the FOG (Fear, Obligation, Guilt) is a powerful, liberating and refreshing way to be.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    The pressure they put on youths while maturing is just overwhelming. Being pressured all the time from eldubs, parents and fellow JW's is just terrible. It's little wonder why many of them have break downs and end up being institutionalized. Then when that happens the blame is pointed squarely at them for being 'weak', 'unstable'.
  • ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

Hey No Longer a Bro, welcome!

are you by any chance from Canada?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit