Funerals

by Theonlyoneleft 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Me although young have got funeral sorted out.My body goes to research, and any organs to be donated, everything gets recycled

All my estate n money goes to animal shelters. Done n dusted. I have a very special letter to be sent to a newspaper to be published the day after.

If I ever changed all this to be just a cremation then I will probably have corn fo my last meal.Then when cremating , will go out with a bang, Ha, ha.

Zing

• blondie
    blondie

Zing,

I have a very special letter to be sent to a newspaper to be published the day after.

---A good idea. I may add such a letter after consulting with my husband should he die after I do.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

You bet Blondie, the letter will certainly have something loud to say about jdumbs.

My little activism acts.

Zing

• blondie
    blondie

Zing, that's true, for jws it may be a seed that sits there festering that finally bursts forth, it will definitely enlighten non-jws.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Two thoughts: one is a letter sent to our local newspaper that lists the wrongs of the JW construct. The two witness rule that is applied to child sexual abuse. The stupidity of Elders and the HLC. The stupidity of the GB and blood. Armageddon and a longing to see the human population die with the exception of the JW's.

There is a monster within the JW world and it needs to be revealed.

And oh by the way...... those nice JW's who knock on your door are simply checking out your home to see if it's good enough to move into after Armageddon.

All this crap the JW have developed over the years is now an embarrassment of ignorance.

The second is to hold an open house to demonstrate that we set a different course...... a different life style. We lived a good life and did what needed to be done for family, friends and our community.

Our Volunteering was out of respect for our small city and the great 'worldly' friendships we have maintained these last 20 years.

No believing JW needs to attend. No one who shunned us........ needs to attend.

Their will be an 'open bar' and good food and great conversation and laughter.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I've thought of it a lot. There are so many options, especially in the states.

Whatever you do don't embalm it's so bad for the environment. Nasty chemicals. Have a natural burial where you help the soil. It's also much cheaper. Lots of undertaker don't tell the truth and over charge. I love this lady who is a qualified mortician and does affordable natural burials. She's very honest about all aspects of the funeral industry - as well as gorgeous and super entertaining!

https://youtu.be/swQHx6EvrXQ

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

In case anyone ( or anyone you know) is strapped for cash or disagrees with expensive funerals, here is some information about "direct cremation". It doesn't mean you don't get to celebrate the persons death in the way they wish, it just means cutting out the major costs. Once you have the persons ashes you can really be creative, individual and personalize the celebration of their life.

Again, " Ask a Mortician" explains:

https://youtu.be/MzrTl3kYHBE

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

And finally, that natural burial I spoke about:

https://youtu.be/zcMj4Az1MwE

• Theonlyoneleft
    Theonlyoneleft

Thank you for sharing guys great insight. 😊

Diogenisister really funny... thank you for sharing, definitely food for thought 😊😊

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I put it in my will for my daughter to do as she sees fit. I really don't mind what she does, she knows I'm an atheist.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit