Allowed?

by punkofnice 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

If the wt's gb received "new light" and now suddenly jw's could 'count their time' that they spend helping the elderly, the infirm, and the dying, you can bet your sweet ass that the elderly, the infirm, and the dying would be smothered in "attention and care" from their "loving" brotherhood!

just saying!

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

When my wife was dying of cancer, we had a hospital bed set up at home so she could feel more comfortable. I can count on one hand how many from the congregation came to visit her over a period of time. My two neighbors, one a Catholic, and the other a born again Christian. They were over every day to help take care of and comfort her.

I will never forget their kindness nor will I ever forget the unkindness of the JW's.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

TBK - Good one.

Eye - They would do too. They are virtue signalling, smug brown nosers to their leaders.

HD - I'm so soory you had to go through that. At least you know who really cares.

The best life ever(tm)? What a load of rubbish!

• Spiral
    Spiral

Several sick and elderly people where I am - PIMI ones. But no one is organized to help them at all. Their relatives, for the most part, don’t do much either. A couple I know would go hungry if it wasn’t for meals on wheels (county delivering a meal every day for older people).

When we were younger, the congregation would organize some help. Now, if it’s not about service or cart sitting, nothing is done on a congregational level. Somehow, they don’t think it’s their duty. I often wonder what’s happened to these JWs. No feeling left.

The worldly government and local churches, by contrast, have lots of services available.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Spiral - The worldly government and local churches, by contrast, have lots of services available.

.....and yet the GovBod (piss be upon them), want the money and assets left to them in the wills of those they smugly abandon.

• tiki
    tiki

They will have to see "if he is allowed"?!?!? They are assuming responsibility or authority over an ill woman and her son!?! What utter gall.

This scene plays out over and over again....elderly incapacitated....unable to be seen at meetings or in service are soon forgotten. That "love among us" supposedly identifying them as the one true religion is utter bullsh!t.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    tiki - They are assuming responsibility or authority over an ill woman and her son!

The arrogance is vomit inducing. They are just little, poorly educated Jobo fascists.Sheeple of the GovBod (piss be onto them).

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

"CO pauses. 'Well, we'll have to see if he's allowed to visit you"

Doh! Things have certainly changed for the worse in recent years.. These , mainly 'born-in' C/o s are a bunch of analy retentive rulebook merchants.

Back in the day a couple advised us elders that they were taking in her father ( previously d/fed for smoking) He was now senile and needed looking after.. We told them it was absolutely the right thing to do.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

BB - You are right. The corporation has been breeding cold hearted dirt for COs.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Family business. PERIOD

i was just told that my end of life directive should list an elder I hardly know over pimo and df children.

As for the congregation arranging help; even the well meaning are not competent always. Some talk endlessly, want to read or watch videos for encouragement, try home remedies, and have no idea how vulnerable to injury frail people are. Things like helping them up by pulling on an arm.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit