Allowed?

by punkofnice 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

A Jobo I know has cancer. Her son goes and cleans her house and generally cares for her. So does another non-jobo relative.

The congregation, interestingly, has shown very little support apart from the odd one rabbiting on about 'bible promises this and that'.

So, the CO visited and said, 'but your son is an apostate(tm). Does he understand the bible's stance on this?'

Cancer victim, 'He should do he was an elder(tm).'

CO pauses. 'Well, we'll have to see if he's allowed to visit you.'

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Elder faithful sister I knew became infirm/housebound. The apostates (who were probably not anti-Christian) up the road were keen to help her. I was new at the time, so still naive and couldn't work out why the pioneers would walk past her window without ever coming in.

The publishers learn to act with zero compassion. They are so full of their own sense of righteousness they don't see how heartless they have become.

I was very ill recently with something like flu. I crawled into town where I have been shunned many times to get something for my cough. I think if I had collapsed infront of one of their trollies, they would still have shunned me.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Anna Marina - The watchtower corporation really has churned out heartless robots. They are enslaved to provide money to their leaders.

There is no love in that organisation. Only virtue signalling simpletons.

Once you have no use for their money grabbing scam, they throw you under the bus and feel smug about it.

• LV101
    LV101

How sad. It's one, powerful, very, wealthy, cult - clearly not hurting for money. Have so much they can continue choking people. They care less to comfort the sick and suffering. Even circulating to local news would probably just hurt the son/Mom but I'd sure scream it out if the cult returns with their rules. In fact I'd be making preparations/contacts immediately - not that anyone can stand up to them. Just sick.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

LV101 - No one outside the cult quite understands fully. A non JW relative said to cancer victim (PIMI-lite), that they'd be better off without the JW cult.

• LV101
    LV101

Good info to the poor cancer victim. No one outside cult does understand (it's that crazy cultish) but you can't believe the questions asked by non JWs when they hear of the horror the religion does - shunning and a son not being able to care for their mother! Just horrific.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I told a co-worker (or as the watchtower calls them a coworker - someone that orks cows?). Their face dropped as they said, 'No? Are they that nasty?'

Me, 'Yep You don't know the 'arf of it, mate!'

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Maybe the CO could set the example and help with the sick sister on his Monday day off. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

nowwhat? - That's a good idea. He's probably too busy with perverted sexual stuff. Just like his leaders the governing body.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

β€œA man was going down from London to Salisbury and fell victim to robbers, who stripped him, beat him, and went off, leaving him half-dead. Now by coincidence a Circuit Overseer was going down on that road, but when he saw him, he passed by on the opposite side. Likewise, an Elder, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the opposite side. But a certain apostate traveling the road came upon him, and at seeing him, he was moved with pity. So he approached him and bandaged his wounds, pouring oil and wine on them. Then he mounted him on his own animal and brought him to an inn and took care of him. The next day he took out two quid, gave them to the innkeeper, and said: β€˜Take care of him, and whatever you spend besides this, I will repay you when I return.’ Who of these three seems to you to have made himself neighbor to the man who fell victim to the robbers?” He said: β€œThe one who acted mercifully toward him.” Jesus then said to him: β€œGo and do the same yourself.”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit