In person attendance

by road to nowhere 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• St George of England
    St George of England
    Furthermore, donations are probably low,

So true. Our monthly donations to the WT are a fraction of pre-Covid days. There are a lot of older ones who are not into internet banking so other than handing an elder a donation when on his rounds they don't drop money into the box every meeting as they did.

George

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector
    "Let's just do your Shepherding Call on the phone while we're talking" was my reply.

That is an outstanding answer. One would think if the message is so life-saving, then it shouldn't matter where or how it takes place either in person, on the phone, or by Zoom. It also shouldn't matter how you are dressed since Watchtower loves to make that an issue.

• Ding
    Ding

What about resuming field service? Any word on that?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I’m not surprised they are urging for in-person attendance!

After two years of a pandemic with people being home on Zoom and people going their own way (some born-ins free of the oppressive meetings for the first time in their lives), the religion realizes it has lost some people. The Question is: how many? The Only way they are ever going to get a feel of how many consider themselves to STILL be JWs is to show up in person! Anybody who hates the damn place is not going to show up.

There is also the question of contributions and how some people are more inclined to give if they show up in person. Just my opinion.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Recently I attended a friends church, where this very issue was brought up in the sermon. So this issue isn’t unique to the JWs. Btw it was a mainstream Pentecostal church.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Religion shouldfill a need. Instead they are telling you what you need.

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

So what who are the real jws. The one at home maeby feel they can take in information from zoom meetings. Or the ones that probably at khs just to meet friends 😁 It's gonna be hard for GB to tell with are the real ones.

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

A close family relative told me: 'the governing body have declared the global covid pandemic to be now over, but many lacking faith are refusing to attend in person and are just watching via zoom meetings.'

I said, wow, what medical credentials do the governing body have to make such a sweeping worldwide statement??

Long earie, uneasy silence..... then relative stated aggressively: 'anyway, the governing body feel most people refusing to attend are not really sick and don't qualify to just watch via zoom'....

It was said with such hatred and venom I was shocked by the power of the governing body's mind control over my relative...

I won't be going back...

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Ding - they are back on the trollies in UK. I have already approached a few of them in a friendly but frank manner.

To one couple I said, "Jehovah is the true God."

The trolley man replied, "yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah."

I said, "there is no one like Jehovah."

Trolley man said, "yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah."

Then I said, "Jehovah created all things isn't that wonderful?"

He replied, "yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah."

I gave up after that. They really weren't interested in Jehovah. So I guess they have a new approach.

• Smiles
    Smiles
    Religion shouldfill a need. Instead they are telling you what you need.

and religion seeks to fill its own need...

like that WT "suggested" per-publisher monthly donation racket. 💰

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit