In person attendance

by road to nowhere 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

We got the inevitable letter today.. meet, associate and "encourage" in person unless sick or infirm. Also dress up for zoom if you must use it. Locally over half are on zoom, 3/4 no picture. No mention of boring repetitive (even insulting) meetings or the bargain chairs making your Iegs go numb

The one meeting I went the the mandatory though optional mask was stifling. So sit there alone or with household wearing a mask, then go on stage and take it off to be close to the never covered or wiped microphone. Disinfect every arm rest, ignore the seat back used for balance when standing.

• solomon
    solomon

I’m not sure where you live, but we are heading into a fall COVID wave. Masks 😷 are not as effective as they say they are and frankly I’m not going to wear one for 2 hours and I’m not willing to expose myself to the coof more than I have to.

It sounds like the leaders have figured out that many prefer zoom and it must be hurting their bottom line.

I’m sure that they will be determining spirituality based on whether you are an attendee or just a zoomer.

• Smiles
    Smiles
    Expect "shepherding" from local elders as stated in the document. Also the circuit overseers this service year will be inspecting results.
  • road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Solomon

Central west US. Letter was said to be from governing body and/ or branch.

I am sure PIMO skepticism is worldwide.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

I had the misfortune of hearing this too. I was going to start a thread about it titled, "The Beatings Continue". It will be a cold day in the mythical Hell before I ever set foot in a kingdumb hall again! And they can suck rocks if they think I would dress up to ever willingly sit in front of a computer screen for their drivel.

• NikL
    NikL

I heard the same thing.

While sitting at the table surfing the internet in shorts and T shirt.

My wife who is still in has said she's not going back to the hall after talking to a "sister" who is an elders wife and works for our county health dept. She told my wife she isn't going back.

As my wife put it, "she knows whats up and I'm going to follow her example".

I'm wondering what drama the elders wife will have to face LOL

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

UK Gov literature states that symptoms of long Covid are fatigue and brain fog. Sounds like the perfect excuse for never attending.

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Gb are happy to make a show about how loving the org is by making online meetings available because of the pandemic.

However, the pandemic is far from over and is biting harder than ever in a lot of parts of the world.

Now they want butt cheeks back on seats but the bro's have had a taste of freedom and it might be hard to reel them back in.

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

When the message is the same regardless if you are at the Kingdom Hall or watching it on Zoom, why would anybody go to a Kingdom Hall to be coughed and sneezed upon? Not to mention all of the hand shaking. One side effect of not going to meetings that I discovered is what I thought was a chronic cough went away.

Think about this. Have you ever been around someone vaping? Can you smell the fruity scent of their vape juice from several feet away? It is the same with any virus.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Change pass codes and give them to only ones they deem sick enough?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit