Bethel Layoffs In Australia Confirmed

by jonahstourguide 32 Replies latest forum announcements

• cognac
    cognac
    Morph - Holy crap, how heartless...
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

Stuck: They won't know what to do in the real world at their age...but no doubt expect to be taken care of by others in the local congs!

That's not going to happen. If the GB won't take care of them, why should the local congregation?

The GB are saying, "Go. Be warm and well fed!" meanwhile they are living like fatcats from the donations of the sheep they fleece.

Let's review: It's a fucking cult!

• Splash
    Splash

I understand the Sri Lanka bethel is now releasing 50% of their bethelites.

It's only a satellite bethel doing translations, so it has around 60 bethelites there.

Well, it used to...

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I must say, I have wondered if the Aus branch would have a serious reshuffle of the higher-ups after the ARC debacle. It wasn't a good look for the Society, particularly Toole and Spinks they really came off as arrogant assholes. But then again, arrogant assholes are usually rewarded with more responsibility in Jehovah's organization.

With the Sydney real estate market being what it is, they could make some serious money selling the Australia branch and surrounding land off to a developer or an investor.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent
    haha! Do you think that ex-bethelite (in cognac's video) has a long and faithful theocratic career ahead of him? Or, will he sooner or later turn up on a site like this?
  • Virgochik
    Virgochik
    I'm surprised he even got involved with a congregation after that. It sounds like he's disgusted and fed up when he said they choose to be unloving at Bethel, and even Christendom treats people better. He got a raw deal, for sure. I've met my fair share of vicious brothers ( and sisters), but this still shocked me. Would Jesus have done this?
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    The ex-Bethelite in cognac's video mentioned a dwelling manual at the 3:00 mark. Just out of curiosity, does anyone have access to this manual? It may be an interesting read.
  • jwfacts
    jwfacts
    With the Sydney real estate market being what it is, they could make some serious money selling the Australia branch and surrounding land off to a developer or an investor.

Although the surrounding suburbs are low class, Bethel is in Denham Court, which is one of the most affluent suburbs in the area. 500sqm blocks of land sell for $500,000. They could subdivide and sell off all the land which surrounds Bethel and make tens of millions.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Back when cassettes were still in circulation, an acquaintance of mine at Bethel couldn't stand listening to Kingdom Melodies so he taped over the gaps on the top of the cassette that prevented erasing and taped Metallica songs he liked. Problem was he kept the tape on the Kingdom Melodies cassette and someone found it. When he got back to his room, they were going through all his possessions and he was sternly taken by his arm by a brother and kept under guard, forbidden from re-entering. They threw him out that night, all they gave him was his wallet and this babble on how he insulted Jehovah's house. He eventually got the rest of it back, but they must have really put his reputation through the ringer as no one would speak to him and the rumour about him by the time he got home was that he was involved with demons. Yeah they don't play around there, and if they want you out it's quick and efficient.
  • TheListener
    TheListener
    Village idiot, I have two versions of that manual. I will look for them. I don't know how to safely get them out while remaining anonymous.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit