Bethel Layoffs In Australia Confirmed

by jonahstourguide 32 Replies latest forum announcements

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

Can you scan them? Or mail them to me so I can scan them, then mail them back to you?

I have the 1952 Dwelling Together in Unity. Oh how I wish I had kept my two copies! They did a revision while I was there.

• smiddy
    smiddy

While these layoffs may be shocking in the way they are handled in Australia and the rest of the world , the example of the video by cognac is classic , in that it shows the business like arrangement that runs this so called religious organization , with little or no thought to those they dispense with .

I think it`s great , that they are doing this , why ?

Because this is what the rank and file need to see.

The heartless ,cold bloodied response to people who had devoted there lives to serving this religion.

And then being cast out to fend for themselves.

And to add insult to injury , given nothing on there expulsion , or very little , expecting the congregations whom they are sent to , to provide for them .

And this is supposed to be a blessing to the congregation ?

More like a burden .

smiddy

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

They act like a business but without any of the laws that are in place to protect employees of a business.

They enjoy the best of both worlds, religion and hard-nosed business.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS is going through operational cost cutting procedures, cutting back on printed literature resulting in diminishing the need for people working at branches. The directive now days is to push everything digitally and lessen the actual articles that have been in printing production , ie. the WT. and Aw.

The heads of this organization namely the GB and select higher ups want to keep the organization in continuance for their own benefit, for they live off the organization and suck on all the perks these men receive.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries
    I heard the video posted and those at bethels, that is NOT just a job. They have 'established' residency. So there are eviction laws, etc, I'd love to see one fight and make them go through the full process. They need the advanced days, they can dispute, etc. If somebody has 'established residency' they can't just tell them, "okay you gotta go now".
  • Virgochik
    Virgochik
    EndofMysteries, excellent idea! Typically, notice to vacate would give thirty days notice, and might include a reason for the forced eviction.
  • TheListener
    TheListener
    WiFi bandit you have a pm.
  • EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Virgochik, yup and if they dispute it then the legal proceedings can delay it by months.

With that said, quite possibly those bethelites could be able to sue them as long as a statute of limitations hasn't passed!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

sparrowdown - "They act like a business but without any of the laws that are in place to protect employees of a business."

Nicely put.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    EndofMysteries: Virgochik, yup and if they dispute it then the legal proceedings can delay it by months.
    With that said, quite possibly those bethelites could be able to sue them as long as a statute of limitations hasn't passed!
    Not only that, but sometimes rental/tenancy disputes will delay eviction for as long as legal proceedings take. If a Bethel worker sucessfully filed a protest against being evicted, they may be able to "squat" at Bethel for quite some time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit