Bethel Layoffs In Australia Confirmed

by jonahstourguide 32 Replies latest forum announcements

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock
    sparrowdown - "They act like a business but without any of the laws that are in place to protect employees of a business."

I would add to sparrowdown's thought that they are also a business where only the business makes any money.

At least a normal employee has a paycheck to show for his/her troubles.

"May God bless you" is their paycheck. Oldest trick in the book.

• NYChic
    NYChic

Hello all: I have been a lurker since 2000 and have finally decided to post. My story is for another time. But I just want to say Today's AM magazine here in NY has an article that says:

"The Jehovah's Witnesses are selling three Brooklyn properties, including one building with its iconic Watchtower sign and clock, that could be worth almost $1 billion, according to an estimate." I don't even know how to feel anymore.

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer
    Hi NYChic, and welcome. The Watchtower bible and tract society is and always was a publishing company. With modern technology advancing so quickly, printing is becoming less and less. Everyone has a tablet or smart phone these days and can access publications online. The WT has no choice but to sell off its buildings as no longer required. What's more, with the halt in construction work, it is clear they are desperate for money. The wells are drying up quickly. It will be interesting to see how things go at Warwick.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit