New JW study book / method announced on JW Broadcast

by Funky 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

The guv’nin b’s should introduce the ‘superior method’ of disciple makin’...

The candidate is strapped into a chair, their head affixed in the forward direction, their eyelids clothes pinned open, and a massive monitor the only thing in view. Then they can be subjected to as many hours of JW browncrust as is necessary to break their will.

The chair they are strapped into is inside a tank, and the water level can be then raised until they are ‘immersed’ for the spiritually specified time.

SUCCESS! A new disciple.

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather

No matter what - the video about the various study books from the 1940s was a trip down memory lane.

Most of the posters here have spent a minimum of 1 year studying one of those books before getting baptized.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Nice waste of time and electricity to read those wastes and watch that rubbish on video. No matter how you alter the format, it is the same means of enslaving the whole earth. And it is responsible for the political mess (and the mandatory torture shots for a cold) we are in--that bible, along with its cousin the quran and father torah, have placed a curse on the whole human race. And now we are about to be plunged into the worst dark age we have ever been in--this time, worse than the middle ages and with no hope of Renaissance.

• vienne
  • pistolpete
    pistolpete

They are just evolving to keep up with the upcoming generation. Just like any business, they are doing all they can to survive as long as possible. As long as the monies and wills keep coming in, the brainstorming will continue.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Aside. Did caleb's dad always sound slightly Mexican?

Falsehood about the governing body in modern times. It was a single auto crat

Baptism question 61-- why is the holy spirit not in the vows?

• Maria Nieves
    Maria Nieves
    I just finished making a post which had to do with baptism. Recently, there were two Watchtower articles that spoke of conducting Bible studies which lead to baptism. But, I thought that spreading the good news was going to come to an end because the preaching work had been completed and the current system of things was coming to an end?
  • resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot
    vienne 6 hours ago

Dear RB

Actually, you can.

http://www.susankayjewelry.com/NewCoprolite1.html

Well, I did not know that, you are one sharp young lady and I stand corrected.

RB

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

(Mini) Vienne you are a gem!🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

There’s no way to physically live FOREVER. It’s insane to think about....

Let’s say the Bible is true. It does not say you’re going to live forever in a physical state. Paul wrote that like a seed you must “die” to achieve the incorruptible state of Heavenly existence. He’s obviously trying to explain that you must end your earthly life at some point. So, if you’re an Xian and “saved” then you are transformed the instant your physical life ends, but it does end..

I’ve always wondered if our own determination and perhaps our level of enlightenment and awareness, or “spirituality” makes a difference of whether or not our “soul” dissipates instead of going on? Who knows? Reincarnation could be true as well. Maybe some never reincarnate and advance and others do, until they achieve enlightenment?

Maybe we just live by pure dumb luck and die?

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit