Hang on a minute... the WBTS is a homophobic organisation. You simply cannot argue to the contrary. The WBTS' homophobia is expressed through their negative treatment of gay people and just because they treat others badly does not excuse their actions.
The WBTS play the usual trick of attempting to absolve themselves of the label 'homophobic' (to the public at least - example) by attempting to separate 'homosexuals' from 'homosexual conduct' and suggesting people can choose their sexual orientation.
Nobody in their right mind could argue that the stance presented by the WBTS is designed to welcome homosexuals into their organisation - in fact, it is designed to give the appearance of toleration whilst actively discouraging the gay community.
As most here are exJW, fading or doubters I am sure we are all capable of considering the following scenarios which would test the limits of the so called tolerance of homosexuals.
- 1. An openly gay (but not sexually active) brother asks to be considered to be a ministerial servant or join the service school.
- 2. Could two openly gay brothers sit next to each other at the meetings?
- 3. Could an openly gay brother go door to door or conduct a bible study?
- 4. Would the WTBS encourage a gay brother or sister to be open and honest about their sexual orientation in the congregation... or alternatively would they encourage them to keep it quiet.
- (4. Interestingly, if a gay brother went on the field service would they place them with a man or women!?)
- 5. A CO or elder confesses to being gay (even if they are not in a sexual relationship) would he be allowed to continue in the post?
Basically it is not just homosexual activity that is looked down upon by the WTBS, it is in fact people that are gay. Personally I think it is clear the WTBS is homophobic.
@Cofty, your post is a clearly attempting to slip a fallacy of the alternative disjunct through the backdoor and IMHO I expected better from you. Basically you are attempting to suggest the label homophobic should only be applied to those that throw homosexuals from buildings.