Do you think the governing body sincerely believe what they teach?

by AJN 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AJN
    AJN

I haven't had a chance to read Crisis of Conscience yet, it's a 2 month wait here unfortunately for delivery and I feel it will probably answer some of my questions regarding the GB but it occurs to me - I wonder if they *really* believe what they teach, if they *really* believe it's the Truth or are they really manipulating money makers operating a dysfunctional MLM scheme that ruins people's lives. Or perhaps somewhere in the middle lol.

Oh yeah, and if anyone knows how the 'new light' is supposedly delivered I'd love to hear about it.

What do you think? If anyone has read COC and has any quotes that might be useful please post :)

• gumby
    gumby

Hi AJN,

I feel it will probably answer some of my questions regarding the GB

Yes....the book gives many refrences in which doctrinal matters were discussed among the GB that uncovered error........yet nothing was changed. It's not easy for an organisation to see it's error.........then worm their way out without reprocussions from it's members. Much of religion is the same way.

There are examples of certain ones who gave their viewpoints in a way in which those above them in influence, would approve. It's not easy for a 70 or 80 year old man to make waves with the only way of life he knows. The GB KNOWS what happens to ones who deflect. They lose everything they have......and as I said....that's not easy for an old man with nowhere to turn for help.Once your "IN' the organisation.......it not an easy thing to get out unhurt.

Gumby

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Why is it a 2 month wait?

order directily from www.commentarypress.com

and welcome to the board.

j2bf

• lastcall
    lastcall
    Or perhaps somewhere in the middle lol.

There is your answer.

They may have to be lying to themselves, but personallyI think most of them believe their own bullshit ( each gb member in varying degree).

LC

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

They believe they are right and very loving... just as Saddam Hussein believes he is right and very loving.

Have you ever heard someone describe Saddam who is (or was) under his wing? They describe him as sooo loving in the way he takes care of them... but they skirt around questions about how Saddam killed their husbands, wives, relatives and friends who were disloyal.

• Enishi
    Enishi

I think that deep down some of the GB know they are wrong, but are too frightened to admit it, and so push what they know to be true deep into their subconscious. The same was true of me for several years...

• link
    link

There is one very easy way to get a positive answer to the question that is the subject of this thread.

JUST ASK THEM!

I did. I asked that they provide only a "yes" or "no" answer and I would accept what they said. My letter went several times around the world and some months later I got the biggest load of waffle you ever read. The words "yes" or "no" did not figure anywhere in the reply.

So I asked again. This time I was told to approach local elders!!!!!

In my opinion this is a positive response in the negative (?).

link

• RPM
    RPM

I know for a fact that indeed the Governing Body does not practice what it Preaches.

For instancee they tell members that indeed it is a Sin to be involved in the Occult, however the Governing Body does not bother to admit that Watchtower rulers Past and Present have dabbled in the Occult themselves.

Watchtower Society Founder Charles Taze Russell engaged in Pyramidology, he was also a Freemason.

Interesting thing to note in the African Country of Malawi when the Govt required everyone Purchase 25 cent Party Identification Cards the Watchtower Society told it's members over there to break that law.

Lots of Jehovah's Witnesses were raped and killed for refusing to comply with that law.

Some of them fled to neighoring Countries as well.

Yet over in Mexico there was at one time a requirement that all Males complete at least 1 year of Compulsory Service in the Military.

However the Watchtower Society said that if Conscience permits the Jehovah's Witness in Mexico could bribe a Military official into filling out a Card stating that the Jehovah's Witness completed 1 year of Basic Training and was now in the 1st Reserve of The Mexican Military.

It is like lemme get this straight Mexico required at least 1 yr Compulsory Military Service for Males and Jehovah's Witnesses were permitted to bribe Military Officials into Falsifying that the Withess completed 1 yr Compulsory Service yet Withesses were forbidden from buying 25 cent Party Cards in Malawi).

Gee I wonder how they deal with that down in Australai all Citizens 18 and Over are Required to vote unless the person is in Prison or the person does not understand the whole voting thing (such as the case of some people with Severe Mental Disorders and so forth).

And last I checked a Religion forbidding voting in Elections is not an acceptable reason for refusing to vote in Australia.

• greven
    greven

Link that sounds very interesting!

Could you post/scan the letter and reply for us?

pretty please?

Greven

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I think that they do believe it.

For the most part these men are in their 70's, 80's, and 90's. I would guess that for most of them it has been 50 years or more since they have had any meaningful contact with the outside world. They may have had some formal education at some point in their life, but I don't think any of these guys are true scholars. They ascended to their current position by being unbending, absolutely without-a-doubt believing JW men. They sit atop a multi-billion dollar religious empire, are surrounded by yes-men, and are treated like a royal guest wherever they travel. Nothing to stumble them or make them doubt. They are the emperor without any clothes but nobody that they are in contact with is going to tell them that.

I think you will enjoy CoC, Ray has some very penetrating insights into the minds of these men. How the abstract concept of "The Society" is an infallible, concrete reality to them, so that even if an individual member of "The Society" is wrong, "The Society" taken collectively is still right, because it is the F&DS. It's all about the F&DS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit