Do you think the governing body sincerely believe what they teach?

by AJN 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RR
    RR

Gumby, considering that the Bible Students still exist and function the same way they did 100 years ago, I don't think such a drastic chnage would have occured had Russell lived another 30 years.

Russell was totally against organization, and stated the moment the Watchtower got organized it has become a part of babylon.

Would he had made some changes? Possibly, just a few refinements, nothing major. I don't believe he would have ever transformed the Society into what it has become today.

The Bible Student movement has always been a small movement, and still is.

RR

• gumby
    gumby
    Gumby, considering that the Bible Students still exist and function the same way they did 100 years ago, I don't think such a drastic chnage would have occured had Russell lived another 30 years.

Good point.....and thanks for the reply.

Gumby

• freein89
    freein89

This is something I have often wondered about. Do they realized that they are messing with peoples lives? Do they realize they have made every life decision for so many? Do they really understand the power they wield? Do they get that they just are not qualified and have no right to run rough shod over thousands and thousands of lives?

It frightens me to think of them tinkering with the well being of their followers. The scare, admonish, punish and destroy with impunity. Then they stamp god's name on it and go have a beer or whatever they drink.

Deb

• shamus
    shamus

I think that they do to an extent.

I was sure brainwashed into thinking that they were "god's channel"... WOW! And I was anti-religion... surely they must think so too.

• metatron
    metatron

If you examine casual comments made by these old Theocrats - and observed by Bethelites - you will be surprized

by how naive and utterly blind they are.

Take a good look at the private talk on the King of the North ( freeminds. org) by Writing Staff honcho Aulicino.

You read what he said and become astounded at how confused and simple-minded it all seems. How does

he cross a street without assistance or put his pants on in the morning?

The same goes for compromised elderly brothers on the GB. Guys like Barber seem lost in an imaginary

world where the Nations will turn on Religion at any second.

metatron

• AJN
    AJN

Fascinating! - thank you everyone for your replies.

Hmm, think I'm on the fast-track to understanding - in less than a week I have learned so much from the community members here. Thank you all so much!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit