Judicial Committees asking Details of Sex acts

by blondie 21 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    They are told not to do this . I sat on many committees over the years and never saw it happen. This from “ Shepherd The Flock” chapter 16
    ”The committee should first seek to establish the facts and ascer- tain the attitude of the accused. This requires skillful and discreet questions. The judicial committee should be thorough but not in- quire about needless details, especially in regard to sexual mis- conduct.”

Me too! I served on so many judicials over the years, in fact, one of my last participations in the Borg was to be part of a Special Committee authorised by the GB to investigate a certain country’s Branch Committee. (Yep, sex was involved!)

I can attest to the likelihood of JC members wanting to know the most intimate of details in a ‘case’ where sex was involved.

These guys got their jollies from it ! And remember that the men who make up a JC are “unlettered and ordinary” as the WT so often proclaims. I would go so far as to say that some are best described as simpletons.

Hearing details of various sex encounters at a JC is like opening a window to another world for some of them.

We know it (judicial committees) as something else…it’s abuse !

• Samcats
    Samcats

Only one committee that I was on had a brother going into too much detail. When I told him we didn't need that kind of information it stopped. Other than that I never had observed any impropriety while on a committee in regard to details about sexual misconduct

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Pete It would seem obvious to pasters in most other churches that their role is to offer comfort and support. In the JWs and some others they take on the role of detectives and prosecutors.

Exactly. There's very little sensitivity & loving guidance and too much punishment and cruelty - especially when dealing with teens and young adults.

Blues Also the Shepherd book/elder expectations have changed, mostly due to external pressure. In the very recent past elders where doing things such as forcing rape victims to listen to recordings of their assault - with absolutely no censure from the Borg.

Samcats When I told him we didn't need that kind of information it stopped. Other than that I never had observed any impropriety while on a committee in regard to details about sexual misconduct

But samcats Why do you think he went into such detail? I'd guess because that was his expectation, either from previous experience or being told that of others. Perhaps your presence prevented intrusive questions, but despite many decent elders like yourself the overwhelming experience of most people has been the opposite.

• Biahi
    Biahi

I read that one elder, on his way to a JC, would tell his wife to “be ready” when he got home, because he was all charged up after hearing all the dirty details. 🤮

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Biahi....wow!

Thats just something else. Not really surprised.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

"I read that one elder, on his way to a JC, would tell his wife to “be ready” when he got home, because he was all charged up after hearing all the dirty details. 🤮"

I hope that's one of those JW urban legends. 😱🙀 Like the one about the guy on mike duty, who forgets to mute the mike when he goes to the toilet 🚽.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

In cases of adultery, they want details of the marital couple, so they can pin the lack of "putting out" for an excuse for brother adulterer. Have to protect the good ole boys in the boy's club.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Like the one about the guy on mike duty, who forgets to mute the mike when he goes to the toilet 🚽.

That actually did happen. I was there visiting. I was not in that congregation, but it was Fargo, North Dakota (USA) in the early seventies. Don't remember the guys last name, but first name was George. He was a bit slow. Deceased many years ago as far as I know.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

When I get quoted, feel free to correct my typos. lol

• Simon
    Simon

Remember: there's a good chance it would be someone like Lloyd Evens getting their jollies by hearing about other people's sexual behavior or even worse, identifying someone vulnerable.

Don't allow anyone you care about to be subject to this kind of interrogation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit