Judicial Committees asking Details of Sex acts

by blondie 21 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

I remember knowing that jcs would ask very personal questions about sex activities. This article addresses this: https://www.asahi.com/ajw/articles/15074595

• MissDaSilva
    MissDaSilva

I have experienced this personally, after having sex with my then fiancé.

The elders are nothing but voyeurs and perverts.

It’s a disgraceful organisation.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MISS DA SILVA:

I heard stories about what was asked in judicial committees and it’s shocking! 😮

This is one of the hidden things about the religion that I wish was more widely publicized!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

They are told not to do this . I sat on many committees over the years and never saw it happen. This from “ Shepherd The Flock” chapter 16

”The committee should first seek to establish the facts and ascer- tain the attitude of the accused. This requires skillful and discreet questions. The judicial committee should be thorough but not in- quire about needless details, especially in regard to sexual mis- conduct.”

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Yea Blues, but what the "Shepherd" Book says, and what really happens, are two different things, in many Congregations. Yours obviously had a responsible and moral group of Elders.

I remember several J.C's in our Congo. where the Elders had to make sure two Elders in particular were not on the J.C, as they were pruriently Pervy. One of those Elders was DF'd later for getting a very young, very vulnerable young sister pregnant.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

BluesBrother, the book may very well say that, but isn't it meant to be secret? So R&F JWs being grilled by the BOE are not going to be aware of their "rights". And if they are, they've been reading stuff they shouldn't have. Plus, resisting any line of questioning by an intrusive JC would surely be seen as demonstrating an attitude problem.

BluesBrother, your own testimony shows you to be an honourable man, and I'm not surprised that your fellow elders were too. The reputation of most JCs, at least as reported on here and elsewhere, is of a kangaroo court, where rules are made up on the spot, and with very few avenues for appeal.

The part you quote is quite short, and probably of little effect in the face of people who like taking liberties with their authority. It probably only really exists so that they have something to point to in the face of something like the RAC. It's an arse-covering clause at worse, and at best, a guideline.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

blondie, this Japanese situation is proving to be interesting. The WT is obviously on the radar over there. I wonder if there will be any formal government investigation into the practices of the organisation? The main problem is that this survey seems to have been commissioned by the parliamentary opposition. Unless the government picks this up, nothing much will come of it.

Positive aspects of it are that it has been highlighting issues like the shunning and harsh discipline of minors and CSA. Perhaps Japan, once the golden child of WT mission fields, is beginning to take stock of what the organisation is really about.

• MissDaSilva
    MissDaSilva

Kangaroo court. Brilliant description but also very disturbing. 😪

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

It would seem obvious to pasters in most other churches that their role is to offer comfort and support. In the JWs and some others they take on the role of detectives and prosecutors.

Blues Bro...Your experience is the exception. I'm glad for you, I'm still haunted by things I was party to.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

@ Pete

It would seem obvious to pasters in most other churches that their role is to offer comfort and support. In the JWs and some others they take on the role of detectives and prosecutors.

Too right, mate !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit