I went Elder Hunting yesterday!

by Tight Pants Twinkle Toes 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• just fine
    just fine

I usually don't engage, but when witnesses have trouble minding their own business, sometimes you have to remind them how invasive it is when someone sticks their nose in your business.

• never a jw
    never a jw

TPTT,

Almost perfect. Step it up a notch and you will be featured in the 2018 JW convention as the poster child of angry mentally diseased apostate. Good job!

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Not being able to have a rational discussion, or talk about the merits of an action, only expecting back slaps and atta boys........thats the lingering JW personality guys.

People can think and feel differently about subject and actions in the real world...and its ok.

I personally think treating my former brothers with disdain and disrespect doesn't actually accomplish anything but feed into their narrative of the unhinged apostate. Its why people screaming at convensions is counterproductive to the work many of us do to break down the barriers erected by the GB in the minds of their followers.

But I also recognize that the organization will not let you leave with your dignity. they stress your own concepts of integrity with their double talk, and going after you and your family which has consequences in your relationships.

So I advocate a balanced approach.....but I also get it when people want their pound of flesh.

Having a conversation about these things, and presenting your arguments....shouldn't be something that is as negative and divisive as these last couple of pages.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit