Counting Memorial Attendees and Partakers

by caves 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I guess they will take the numbers of the sign-ons to each cong zoom show plus any using KHCONF or LiveKH, they do ask for your name....

Any future ref to the numbers this year will no doubt have a note of the circumstances this year.

Edit.. ‘Roadtonowhere’ , yes I had the privilege of getting the emblems one year . We made good use of the rest of it. Matzoh’s , cheese and red wine go down very well for a Memorial night supper.

• alanv
    alanv

I agree with a previous poster who said this year they could not report the partakers, as the figure wouldnt be very accurate. Then next year just not publish it again. It is an embarrassment to them anyway.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They will give a number of partakers that is well below 1,000 this year to scare people into thinking the end is nigh. Since they have no way of verifying whether someone partook or not, they will simply assume they did not. All they need is a number like 180 to make everyone think this is it. They could also post attendance well in the 30 million range, simply based on connecting for even a split second--you look at the stream because you want to see what nonsense they are spouting, click the big red X at the top right, and you are counted in.

Obviously, if they do have the audacity to hold a real live Supreme Boasting Session, they deserve to be shut down. Most bars are closed, many supermarkets are operating limited hours (and are devoting the earliest hours to seniors), all amusement and fun parks are closed, quite a few stores that are deemed "non-essential" are closed. And there is something to gain for your coronavirus risk in these places. With this wastefest, there is nothing. Even when I was in and there was no pandemic, I always felt the whole thing was more stressful even than going to work. Worth it?

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Take last year's attendees and bump it up by 5%

Take last year's partakers and reduce it by 5%

Simple math. How can anyone challenge it since it is more virtual now.

It's a blessing to see the growth.

Rub a Dub

• St George of England
    St George of England

As we are all on ZOOM I suppose we will have to raise our glass to the camera jobby while someone is assigned to count those that partake and those that don't!

George

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

As far as i know the extra wine goes home with someone

Carla ...

My father (Congregation Servant who bought the wine) always brought the extra wine home and it was "gone" the next day.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

You can bet that the number of "video attendees" will top last years numbers. And it will be a sign from jehober that nothing can stop jw's from celebrating the ritualistic Memorial!

just saying!

• Testeverything
    Testeverything

First off, let me just tell you something; having a "Memorial" in observance of Yeshua's death is NOT what He meant when he said "Keep doing this in remembrance of me"; he meant, take the bread, the wine and partake to remember the fact that He gave himself as the Sacrifice and Atonement for our sins. He did NOT say "HOld a big, huge meeting and see who thinks they're worthy to partake"one time a year or some other ridiculous nonsense!! Let's have a look at the Feast days we ARE COMMANDED to celebrate and observe, found in Leviticus 23. Passover is the Feast day that is almost upon us. Yeshua was the Passover lamb. Yahweh COMMANDED US to keep these feast days, for all time, as in Eternity. Having a man-made celebration of Yeshua's death is a gross misinterpretation of scripture. That would certainly be the case when one does not have the true Holy Spirit/RuAch HaKodesh. The JW's are blinded as to what scripture really does say in almost everything they believe and if you would like, you can ask me questions and i will answer them, From the Bible!!

I would like to direct your attention to sites that do teach what the bible really has to say; 119 Ministries; Assembly of Called Out Believers; Land of Honey; Triumph In Truth and UNLearn the lies.

Shalom

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

@Testeverything

First off, get rid of the bold txt because it feels like you’re shouting at everyone

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

testeverything

If we wanted to be preached to, we could all go back to the kh. The bible=Hebrew mythology. Nothing more!

just saying!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit