New Resolution?

by NikL 46 Replies latest jw friends

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

We did that last year when we were TOLD to by the GB in a letter after the completely swept under the table video about how many new KHs are needed every second because of the MASSIVE growth.

The hall I was part of had paid its mortgage and we were donating about $40/month to the KH Construction donation. Now they are sending $600 per Hall and we have 5 KH meeting in our building.

Hmmm - and no one blinks an eye.

No one thinks - wow its been years since there has been any new Halls being built in our county or surrounding areas.

Lemmings one and all.

• tiki
    tiki

That illustration is completely disturbing. Be better if they showed a pic of someone bringing her groceries....now that would be evidence of compassion, a hallmark of Christianity. And..all the $$$ they ask for...and get....but when do they send to the congs an account of specifically where the dollars go ??? Hah...crooks.....those guys have quite the operation going on....

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Hah...crooks.....those guys have quite the operation going on....

And even though I know the answer I have to keep asking WHY don't people see that?. Where I am a resolution was just passed to send $2,500.00 (US) to the branch to get three TV's for the indoctrination videos. That means the $2,500.00 they JUST SPENT for a screen and projector is gone with nothing to show for it anymore! That doesn't include the $$$ spent for TWO brand new computers in the last year, one of which "disappeared" when the second one was bought.

I did a little snooping in the library when they forgot to hide the accounts box and found the resolution. It had no date, no signatures, and under the "In Favor" spot simply handwritten "all". I know for a fact that my hand was up when asked those "opposed". The count on the attendance sheet for that night showed 14 on the phone tie-in. None of them even voted.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

So we should support the existing arrangement for true worship, EVEN IF THERE ARE CORRUPT PRACTICES BEING CARRIED ON...

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

@ Iown Mylife

That pretty well sums it up.

• Half banana
    Half banana

The nauseating illustration of the elderly woman witness is just a prelude to the idea of her starving to death soon and leaving all her money to the WTBTS (forget the family, in JW morality the ravenous financial needs of the org always comes first).

The JW org does nothing useful for anyone... its principal objective it seems now is to soak up other people's money.

Wakey wakey JWs

• longgone
    longgone

Another sad thing, some older Witnesses will remember this illustration while shopping, and really not buy enough to eat a healthy diet. Like said above, how do they get away with publishing this sort of thing? It's right there on the internet for the whole world to see, must be only the dazed JW's are actually reading it. Heartbreaking.

• baldeagle
    baldeagle

The picture of hungry grandma is beyond belief. This Governing Body 2.0 has got to be the most self-absorbed collection of WT leaders ever. They present in videos and writings in the soon to be year 2017 some of the most ludicrous and insensitive advice or guidance.

It seems like they have “no filter” in the things they present to their audience. The GB is unmoved with no sense of taste, decorum, or empathy on how their information will affect the masses. Isn’t there anyone in their ivory tower that screens the lunacy that they spew out? Most large corporations have those that are specifically employed to read articles and review photos to make sure that it will not tarnish their brand or image. They might have several people that work only in the PR department to make the company appear professional, reasonable and credible.

This religion is truly lame and broken.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

$2500 for 3 TVs? Are they 98" or so? Tell your congregation to contact a local installer, they'll do it for half the cost.

• Alive!
    Alive!

I noticed that everything about 'donating grandmother/widow' is not only healthier and generally 'weller' in her blue ladies suit and blouse, but her hair is a perfect silver blue coiffured halo, so she appears abundant in 'blessings'

it's not fair or right -as every illustration is carefully framed, and the message is clear.

And how sad, the message to the lonely and elderly who may relate to the 'hungry/empty larder' illustrations is that just like Widow mark 2, they should show up looking smart and beautifully turned out to the KH, despite being hungry?

Well fine, but an interim illustration of the widow making a call for help and getting a warm, practical response with food before heading out to the meeting is the only 'sane' picture story that 'sane' people would approve.

Horrible. This illustration is horrible.

So thankful I don't have to spread their brand of 'christian' encouragement anymore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit