Police cordon around Honiton's Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses after fatal stabbing

by ShirleyW 37 Replies latest jw friends

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Hey UK folks, what's going with this story? was it an unbelieving mate that attacked and elder or something?

• cofty
    cofty

Doesn't seem to be any more information yet. Multiple stab wounds, 55 year old man arrested nearby for murder.

There is an article online in the local paper here...

• steve2
    steve2

One man dead at the scene. Police arrest another man found nearby and are in the process of piecing together the circumstances.

• The Searcher
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

wonder if jwdotorg will post about it?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Maybe they will take the Trump road and call it fake news.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

J bud dot org will have a fielday with this. Definantly satanic attacks on Jehs org.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Wow this could be real bad publicity for the Watchtower Corporation if it had anything to do with shunning policies. or worse if it had to do with child molestation.

Think of all the people that know everything is bull shit but still have to attend because of the love they have for their members and who try not to say anything that might give them away. Suppose some body of elders homed in one of these types and got them DF'd and the person was so mad they lost it.

Could happen as the GB get more and more radical in their cruelty by disfellowshipping every lukewarm JW coming to meetings, and more and more people are finding out the TATT.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

naaa ....... it was a fight about who was going to hold the microphone at the meeting.

• Simon
    Simon

To anyone imagining this will be bad for the WTS ...

If it does turn out to be a "disgruntled ex member" - why do you thing that will make them (the WTS) look bad?

When some fired employee returns to work and shoots their ex-colleagues, do you think "well, they must have mistreated him and giving him legitimate cause to do this"? No, you think "nutter". The news media is incapable of covering many stories with the nuance and detail to explain the "why" behind many things so I don't see any reason to have high hopes that this will be different if it does turn out to be something todo with WTS abuse.

I can't think of many legitimate reasons that someone should be stabbed to death other than if they were abusing a child (in which case, stab away ... I hope I get called for jury duty so I can declare it an unknowable mystery).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit