Police cordon around Honiton's Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses after fatal stabbing

by ShirleyW 37 Replies latest jw friends

• freddo
    freddo

If the attack was in the daylight hours on a weekday - who knows why?

Unusual for just one person to be at a KH (though might be collecting, dropping off trolley carts I suppose?) and then be attacked by a random stranger though.

Hall cleaning disturbed/Judicial committee gone wrong? But doesn't mention witnesses (as in witnesses to the crime).

The fact that a man was arrested nearby makes me wonder why he "hung around" to be arrested.

Hope we find out and it doesn't get buried and forgotten what with the UK election coming up tomorrow.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Ive seen some non jw husbands become very jealous of the time their wives spend at the kh, service, etc. They really go bonkers once in a while. I knew one who rammed some cars in the parking lot iin a fit of rage.

• smiddy
    smiddy

No more news about this crime ? Anybody from the UK ?

• snugglebunny
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99

The latest info is here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-england-devon-40112125

but it's still pretty patchy.

8:01 local time...

Police investigations are continuing into the stabbing and death of a man in Honiton on Tuesday.
    Officers said they found the 55-year-old victim dead at a Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses in Dowell Street with "a number of stab wounds". His family has been informed.
    A 55-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder.
    A cordon is in place and scenes of crime officers are expected to remain there for much of today, police said.
    Supt Sam De Reya, of Devon and Cornwall Police said: "I want to reassure the local community of Honiton that this was an isolated incident and we are not looking for anyone else in connection with this incident."

This is a local paper report

http://www.devonlive.com/police-cordon-around-honiton-s-kingdom-hall-of-jehovah-s-witnesses-after-fatal-stabbing/story-30375040-detail/story.html

It's not clear if the incident is directly related to the hall and it's users or if perhaps it was in the vicinity of the hall and the victim ended up in there through pure coincidence. No doubt more info will come to light over the next few hours and days.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

According to that news report "police are appealing for witnesses"

Yep.

• jwleaks
  • cobweb
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99

It was an elder from Bideford that was murdered whilst doing some work at Honiton hall. I have a name via contacts in Bideford but won't say since it's not been released. I don't know any more but it is shocking stuff.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

According to that news report "police are appealing for witnesses"

A Murder at a Kingdom Hall and, there`s No Witnesses?!..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit