RC Was Worse Than I thought...

by JW_Rogue 45 Replies latest jw experiences

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    the GT is their trump card,; once they announce its beginning, they've crossed the Rubicon there's no turning back... they will expend whatever's left of their credibility on that one call,,, and what do they do for an encore? .

Invisible "spiritual" great tribulation anyone?

• sparky1
    sparky1

Governing Body(tm) of Jehovah's Witnesses, 'fiddling around' with the mental, emotional and spiritual well being of their followers for over 100 years!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I have to believe that their money situation is worse than many imagined. This sounds like a reason to abandon literature distribution.

It also sounds like a given reason to accept anything crazy from Watchtower like taking all the congregations' money and making individual congregations move out of their Kingdom Hall.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Great, mom will be a paranoid basket case when she gets home from this convention.

At least I don't have to live with her, anymore.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

"RC Was Worse Than I Thought"....in more ways than one!

It's difficult to stomach 3 straight days, so entire families are splitting them up. I did the same. One RC had 8,500 in attendance with 45 baptized, mostly JW children. Another had 7,900 in attendance with 40 baptized...again many JW children.

8,500 in attendance at one is the equivalent of 85 congregations. 7,900 in attendance at the other RC is equivalent to 79 congregations. Between the two RCs there were 85 baptized. That is a .005 percent rate of baptized JWs. So basically it took 2 whole congregations, with all the pioneers and rank and file door to door witnessing + all the cart witnessing + visits to the JW website to add 1 JW between them to their ranks.

Talk about worsed RCs ever!

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

It's just so amazing how some folks have been in da troof for decades and every year it's the same old thing.

The year before my mother got sick and passed she said "we're on the fringe of Armageddon now" and that was 2005, wish I could ask her what are we on now in 2016.

Don't they know the fable about the boy that cried wolf? They're doing the same thing and somehow don't see it that way, phonier than Fred Sanford and all his fake heart attacks !

• TheListener
    TheListener

JwGoneBad, that's a .5% baptism rate. Still pretty low.

• zeb
    zeb

"will change to a judgement message "

I heard this mooted years ago. As the law suits get more with heavier penalties; as more people leave and 'new' ones are less; as their finances become more strained they will see this as some sort of persecution and are likely to push the r & f to do some sort of condemnation message and bring the ire of the law onto them. But it will be the r & f who cop it with mob re-action not the gb in their ivory tower.

When the dust settles the gb will say then " condemning? ..that was your personal mission, you decided to do that".

I fear for all the kids and innocents who are of an age to understand attending this drone fest.

Anyone want to be an elder? You do? You will be on your own when the pie hits the fan.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

This is typical of people after attending the conventions. They have just expended a good deal of their time and money to attend, of course they are going to come back with their brains freshly washed, energized and lobotimized.

In two weeks they won't remember a thing that was said.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

They all HAVE to say it was "the best convention ever" because that is the socially acceptable thing for witnesses to say to each other!

BUT, just ask them to name several key points, or talk titles without referring to the program, and the fact is hardly anyone will have really paid attention.

Come next year, and it all happens again....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit