New brochure about donations.

by Ray Frankz 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• Ray Frankz
    Ray Frankz
    Who wants to place bets on when they'll introduce tithing?

With all the letters? I think never. But it's clearly that there was change in the policy of requesting money since three years ago, and it's increasing how often they do it. I think that's what's gonna happen, begging more and more AND still boasting that they are different from the other religions that (at least not hiding) do tithing.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

THat is really bad news for me. I work for living and my wife doesn't work and is an Active JW.

My hard earned money goes to these GB thugs through my Wife.

Would any one please advise how to deal with this. (How to make my wife stop or lessen the money she gives to WT)

• Ray Frankz
    Ray Frankz

Stephane, it's so shameful that the GB does whatever it takes to supress the love the JW may show. Venezuela is falling apart, a lot of immigrants (JW included of course) are seeking refuge in Brazil, and it's clearly a great oportunity for showing christian love towards these people, so what the GB says?

"Brothers, do NOT send money or food or clothes for anybody in the borders or any immigrant. If you want to help them, send your money to the Worldwide Work and we will direct it to our brothers in need."

It's shameful!

• dbq407
    dbq407

Locally this past month when they read the accounts report, the cong, gave a whole $82 to the society lol. This is a hall of 70 something publishers and a few well off elders.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

@everapostate

simples---dont give her any.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen
    Would any one please advise how to deal with this. (How to make my wife stop or lessen the money she gives to WT)

Tell her not to give your money to Watchtower, or reduce her money.

Put your foot down. In JW land the husband is the head of the household, and whatever he decides is law.

You can simply say that you don't want your hard earned money to go to a religion you don't like. If she wants to give them money she can go out and earn her own money.

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

The Borg is imploding even quicker than imagined. This is very telling indeed, especially taken as a whole, with all the lay offs, all the closing/selling of KHs, all the branches closing, and the nearly non existent printing of publications.

Law suits are a CHOP,

The lack of money is a CHOP,

The information available damning the WTBS are a CHOP,

The volume of people waking up are a CHOP,

and soon down, down down, the Tree of the WTBS will come crashing. Its rotten fruit is apparent for all to see. It is a worm infested, decayed, sick to the core, version of its former self. It bears nothing but rotten fruit, evil to the taste, only worthy of being spit out unto the ground. Nothing grows anymore on their tree, no more branches stretching to the ends of the earth. No more roots sunk deep into the foundations of the ground.

This begging for money is just another swing of the axe, and its cutting deeper and harder than ever before. Down, down, down, it will soon be crashing, and they will be forever forgotten, never to bear fruit again.

• Ding
    Ding

Somehow I doubt they'll tell JWs how much of their donations are going to pay for and settle lawsuits.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I hear a lot of complaints about all the rip offs of Wt, but here is something more sobering to consider. The LDS church which organizationally is very similar to Wt, forces it' members to tith at a minimum of 10%. Its estimated it's not for profit side of the church has an annual income of over $4 billion (US) a year. Tax free and with out any accountability to anyone. Of that they only return less than %1 to the community in forms charity. In years past it was possible to tick boxes on where you wanted your tith to go e.g community, church buildings etc. But a few years back this was discontinued (sound familiar).

Just recently the business side of the lds spent $(US)5 billion building a swanky shopping center in downtown Salt Lake City. As the prophet cut the ribbon on opening day he was quoted as saying let' go shopping. Could you imagine how that would go down in jw land. Perhaps jesus overturning the money changers in the temple would come to mind.

This tithing is a hugh issue amongst ex Mormons. Hey go research it if you don' believe me.

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

But didn't the WTB&TS used to quote from the second edition of the magazine Zion's Watchtower these words: “‘Zion’s Watch Tower’ has, we believe, JEHOVAH for its backer, and while this is the case it will never beg nor petition men for support. When He who says: ‘All the gold and silver of the mountains are mine,’ fails to provide necessary funds, we will understand it to be time to suspend the publication.”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit